SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

27 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I don’t know anything about him but 36-53 record in the NSIC sounds an awful lot like Rudy. 

Truthfully that gets you a statue built out there. (I do understand the concern however)

He's far from Rudy. (Played QB for the Gophers, was on a few NFL teams as a 3rd stringer)  But his philosophy probably would rub against Bubba's so it wouldn't work anyways. He's done a great job in developing QBs. 

Would love to see him a program that has more resources. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Truthfully that gets you a statue built out there. (I do understand the concern however)

He's far from Rudy. (Played QB for the Gophers, was on a few NFL teams as a 3rd stringer)  But his philosophy probably would rub against Bubba's so it wouldn't work anyways. He's done a great job in developing QBs. 

Would love to see him a program that has more resources. 

Speaking of QBs there, how’d that Wilkie kid turn out? I remember I was really hoping to get him here but I know others weren’t so high and I know nothing. 

10 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Speaking of QBs there, how’d that Wilkie kid turn out? I remember I was really hoping to get him here but I know others weren’t so high and I know nothing. 

He got beat out by the current QB (who will probably break all of the school records for passing).  Last year when he got injured, Wilke finally got a chance before he got hurt. When they got a 6th year for Gimbel this season, Wilke switched to WR.

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Bubba has had good seasons and Bubba has had bad seasons at UND. This season might be his average.

One playoff game so far and probably won't get one this season isn't what most UND FB were expecting from Bubba...... especially in the Big Sky. Nut gets a whole lot harder to crack once in the MVC

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

PSU was rated #16 when UND played them. Granted some teams get better as the season goes along. Unfortunately UND generally isn't one of them.

But the statement was UND has never beat anyone that FINISHED in the top 15. 

38 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

But the statement was UND has never beat anyone that FINISHED in the top 15. 

If the list of teams is a whopping one team in the last decade, it doesn't really matter. It should be a fairly common(annual) occurrence. 

23 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

If the list of teams is a whopping one team in the last decade, it doesn't really matter. It should be a fairly common(annual) occurrence. 

They had/have only been playing in the Big Sky, what, seven years? 

And have had a chance to play how many of those teams on average that finish in the top 15?  .7 games a year?

And UND can't play themselves one of those years.

I don’t know what the answers are. The breakdowns seem like they should and could be fixed. Why haven’t they? We should have faster and better players. The coaches should be better. Five years in bubba’s reign I would and hoped for better results. Why do we seem to have so many injuries? Students and others don’t show up and stay at games. Lots of problems. Shambles! And I am not exaggerating.

not pointing any fingers but it seems this site has the answers. Sounds pretty simple. Just thought I hope the ad is reading. 

I am upset and I want things fixed and soon. I wanted to add that I am comforted knowing that so many see what needs to be done. Let’s get it done!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Kab said:

Does Chaves have a say in assistant coaches or is that up to the head coach

Chaves can probably insist on assistant coaches getting the axe.  If the head coach doesn’t like that, he might be gone too.

An AD might open the HC position with the stipulation that a certain assistant be retained.