SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Pretty tough to pass on Fruend I am thinking, too.  Or at the very least, we have to find someone 'more qualified' than the guy in our back pocket.  There are many good reasons why high caliber former QB's make great coordinators.  

Not to mention he is the best recruiter we have on staff.

12 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

We'll, if that isn't the "Murderers Row" of this forum. I guess there's no chance we'll see fewer opinions from those who "vouche" for you because they are tied up with their Mensa commitments.

Mensa is just the half of it.  Between that, the Red Cross, and AA, there's not as much time to contribute here as I'd like.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

looking at the depth of quality on the offensive side of the ball that aint saying much

Not sure what that means.  I think we can agree that QB development, offensive scheme and play calling were abhorrent.  If the players were really as bad as you are insinuating would we have finished 6-5?

• Upvote 1

Just now, gfhockey said:

Here’s a thought at the Stanley truck stop this morninf

whoykd would want to work at Und? Who ever comes knows bubba is on thin ice. If bubba gets let go then after one year that guy prolly gets let go too

which leads me to believe it will be freund...i hope not tho...bribg back muss!!!

• Downvote 2

13 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

We'll, if that isn't the "Murderers Row" of this forum. I guess there's no chance we'll see fewer opinions from those who "vouche" for you because they are tied up with their Mensa commitments.

Actually, some of us do qualify to join Mensa. I have a qualifying test score (pre- Sept 1989 ACT at or over 29 composite). But that also makes me smart enough to know I'd rather have the membership fee still in my pocket instead of the membership card. ;) 

It gives me time to opine and moderate here instead. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Actually, some of us do qualify to join Mensa. I have a qualifying test score (pre- Sept 1989 ACT at or over 29 composite). But that also makes me smart enough to know I'd rather have the membership fee still in my pocket instead of the membership card. ;) 

It gives me time to opine and moderate here instead. 

353635A0-4BE8-4278-8440-08FAF7577037.jpeg

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Which recruiting regions (or responsibilities) did Rudolph and Knauf have? 

Will those get shuffled now also? (I flatly expect coaching duties/roles to shuffle before spring.) 

Aha!  They weren't let go just for the offensive shortcomings.

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Not sure what that means.  I think we can agree that QB development, offensive scheme and play calling were abhorrent.  If the players were really as bad as you are insinuating would we have finished 6-5?

the o-line is average at best

the wr are average at best

the qb(s) suck

other than that we are right up there with the best of the most average fcs 

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Which recruiting regions (or responsibilities) did Rudolph and Knauf have? 

Will those get shuffled now also? (I flatly expect coaching duties/roles to shuffle before spring.) 

Who has the MSP metro?  NDSU, SDSU, and USD are all destinations for KARE 11 All-Metro kids.  No mention of UND.  UND football is such a distant 4th on the list and it's sad.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jdub27 said:

The athletic department is in the middle of trying to raise $30+ million. They aren't going to drop over $400k to buy out a coach 2 years early regardless of what ultimatum random fans make. I also don't see a regression coming but that's just me. 

I will trust Chaves and the decisions that he made in keeping Bubba and only playing 11 games next year.  I think that is the right call.  But that was not his only option - if he picked up one FBS game for next year, that would have been enough money to buy out Bubba's contract without impacting the budget.

12 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Who has the MSP metro?  NDSU, SDSU, and USD are all destinations for KARE 11 All-Metro kids.  No mention of UND.  UND football is such a distant 4th on the list and it's sad.  

4th on the list?  You're being generous.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I will trust Chaves and the decisions that he made in keeping Bubba and only playing 11 games next year.  I think that is the right call.  But that was not his only option - if he picked up one FBS game for next year, that would have been enough money to buy out Bubba's contract without impacting the budget.

For those of you new here, that's where you visit a Power 5 school, get down 10-0 or so, punt on 4th and 1 from the opponent's 40, subsequently get routed, and collect a six figure check.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Good point.

8 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Nearly all FBS schedules have been set.

2 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

For those of you new here, that's where you visit a Power 5 school, get down 10-0 or so, punt on 4th and 1 from the opponent's 40, subsequently get routed, and collect a six figure check.  

NDSU:  "We're gonna go to Iowa and WIN."

UND:  "We're gonna hope to keep it under 50 against [insert FBS team here]."

We're comparing apples to oranges in terms of the mindset of the two FCS football programs in the state.  

• Upvote 4