SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Please keep in mind these are real people who just lost their jobs.  It needed to happen, but please attempt to handle the news with some class.

With that said, I'm still waiting to hear about Kostich.

Can't believe he is being retained....if he is which seems to be the case.

Just now, bincitysioux said:

Would rather have seen Kostich and Baukol go before Knauf.......

I really can't believe Kostich isn't the first guy gone.......

He might be saving them when we under perform next year.

• Upvote 2

This comes as no surprise. The OC hire will be interesting to see if Fruend gets the call up and they hire for WR coach. As for the OL coach, it will be an interesting hire, but equally as important if you ask me. With Johanason looking like the featured back next year and Wanzek, Izzy, and Tovienen as WR and a returning QB, you do have some fun pieces to work with right away as the OC. 

The OL coach however doesn't seem to have any true "standouts" that week in and week out maul the competition and that is what this program has been missing for awhile now.

• Upvote 2

Bubba needed to go   He's a nice old man that the players don't respect as a coach.   Coaching personnel will change but he's still in charge..    Think about this for a minute,  if you had to go to battle with someone leading the charge, would you want him leading?  Just saying!!!

• Upvote 3

Just now, bincitysioux said:

I agree with you on Kostich. This morning I echoed this to someone who is much closer to the program than I am and they told me: "He is really good with the players. No Arguing on the issues at all, just a big asset to have on the staff. I wouldn't be surprised if he was re-assigned after spring ball." 

3 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Does Bubba have any say over Baukol?  He's shared across multiple sports isn't he?

7 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

It was the right call. I know you are across the pond but did you get a chance to watch any of the last three games?

I watched 2 of last 3, then checked the score Saturday night, saw it was so bad and laughed. Unfortunately, not a surprising result at this point. 

2 minutes ago, lets eat said:

Bubba needed to go   He's a nice old man that the players don't respect as a coach.   Coaching personnel will change but he's still in charge..    Think about this for a minute,  if you had to go to battle with someone leading the charge, would you want him leading?  Just saying!!!

On the flip side you could argue no one cares more about the program than he does.  

If you had to go to battle with someone, would you not want someone that has unquestioned passion for what you are fighting for?

Give the guy a chance to fix his hiring error.  This is the life of the coaching world.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, homer said:

On the flip side you could argue no one cares more about the program than he does.  

If you had to go to battle with someone, would you not want someone that has unquestioned passion for what you are fighting for?

Give the guy a chance to fix his hiring error.  This is the life of the coaching world.  

Problem is that he didn't think it was a problem last year.  Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in his judgement, nor do some of the decisions he made in games that had nothing to do with Rudy. 

• Upvote 2