SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

7 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

What would be the incentive for either of them to take the UND job? I am not sure Bubba makes more than either of them and the salary pool for assistants wouldn't be enough to attract the coaches they would want.  Unless of course the REA loosens the pursestrings and allows Chaves to spent the money to attract better coaches. Entz would be in line to take over for Klieman when he inevitably moves on soon.

Okay

Chris Mussman coached UND for six years. Bubba begins his 6th year tomorrow.

Both finished 3-8 while in the Big Sky.

also while in the Big Sky, Mussman finished 5-6 while Bubba finished 6-5.

Bubbas best regular season was 9-2.

Mussmans best was 8-3.

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Chris Mussman coached UND for six years. Bubba begins his 6th year tomorrow.

Both finished 3-8 while in the Big Sky.

also while in the Big Sky, Mussman finished 5-6 while Bubba finished 6-5.

Bubbas best regular season was 9-2. (9-2)

Mussmans best was 8-3. (5-3)

Added their record against DI opponents in their best years. 

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Good thing Bubba didn't play any d2 or less opponents this year or last. :whistling:

hence the Big Sky comparisons...Bubba just got to coach again after going 3-8 while Muss did not.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

UND's FB salaries will possibly be the lowest in the MVFC, probably in the range of half of what the top schools are paying. They aren't going to attract quality coaches paying what they do. 

Proof??

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Wrong. Keep trying though. 

Anyone??

Bubba will be making $205,000 when Valley play begins in 2020.  That will definitely be on the bottom half of the league.  

It would cost UND $615,000 if they fired him in the morning.  Which is why he will be back in 2019.

Neilson at USD makes about $260,000.  Kliemen is around $340,000 I think.

If or when UND hires a new coach in the next few years, the salary will need to be in the $275,000 range.......

33 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

How did Bubba do vs EWU and the Griz that year? As well as he did vs EWU and MSU this year. Point being is this year was set up schedule wise very similar to 2016. 

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

How did Bubba do vs EWU and the Griz that year? As well as he did vs EWU and MSU this year. Point being is this year was set up schedule wise very similar to 2016. 

The Griz were garbage in 2016, so I don't think we gained anything by missing them. Definitely failed to take advantage of a soft schedule this year though, avoiding ewu, msu, and Davis. 

Something has to change! Period! What bubba is doing now is just not working (obviously). I don't go tailgating every home game and get season tickets to watch a terrible football team. If bubba wont change things then why should I support him and his football team. Why would I renew my season tickets and tailgating spots next year if its going to be the same result?!? Bill Chavez is getting an email from me and I hope a lot of people because if bubba isn't going to do anything then the AD better. This is unacceptable!!!!

16 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

I may write an email tomorrow.  I've never been the type to email an AD or anything like that before, but these past 4 weeks have really been so hard to watch. We've looked like the Bad News Bears at times.  Every time we took the field on offense, I have no confidence they will do anything...….and I don't think they did either. 

Remember when our DII players scored 40 against UNI, and that's not revisionist history....it happened (or maybe we only scored 38 or something....can't remember....but we won)  Now today in a must win game against a team not sniffing the playoffs, our offense nets 9 points (if you subtract pick 6 + 1). 

• UNDBIZ locked this topic