SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

18 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

BS........

We are mediocre, just like 8 of the 10 teams in the Valley.  We will blend right into that shitshow.........

Their mediocre is way better than us.

The question is not where will Chaves find the money to buy out Bubba's contract. The question is/should be does Chaves ask for Schweigert's resignation or should he demand Schweigert's resignation.

Losing a recruit or 2 can't be worse than letting this go on for 3 more years.

Get a coach who knows how to win in FCS. Get one of the coordinators from 70 miles south. Promise them the job as soon as their playoff run is over and open the application process to coincide with closing it the day after Entz or Messingham has finished the season (right after the FCS Championship game). The current UND staff will struggle to finish in the top half of the MVFC and does not have what is necessary to challenge for MVFC titles.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

Entz or Messingham. Time to get serious about being ready for the MVFC.

Sure, the 2 guys in line for Kliemans job when he leaves are just itching to switch from a dynasty to UND.

Why stick around and get the best job in FCS when they can take a job at UND.  Come on man.

Just now, SlowHand said:

Sure, the 2 guys in line for Kliemans job when he leaves are just itching to switch from a dynasty to UND.

Why stick around and get the best job in FCS when they can take a job at UND.  Come on man.

One of them will not get the NDSU job. Its the same pitch that the coaches would give to the recruits... You can be part of something special in turning this program around.

I defended Bubba’s team last year due to all the injuries, there is no more defending this team. Change does need to be made from top to bottom especially when Bubba hasn’t gotten rid of Rudolph. He is the reason our offense hasn’t been alive since Muss left. Muss had a high powered offense but no defense, Bubba fixed the defense when he got hired but the offense hasn’t been found in 5 years. Sorry Bubba but we need points on the board, defense can only hold a team for so long before it cracks. Very disappointing season.

• Upvote 2

I would really be shocked if Chaves fires Bubba, simply due to the economics of the contract situation and years left on it.  

I could however see a scenario where the AD demands that Bubba make changes to his coaching staff.  What effect that would have on the AD-Head Coach relationship I would imagine would not be a positive one.  Unless Bubba is actually thinking of making changes on his own right now.  I don't know how common it would be for an AD to micromanage like that.  In the end it could probably influence Bubba to walk away before his contract runs out.  

I honestly haven't completely closed the book on Bubba, like many here already have, but I am getting to the final chapters.  I'm not sure I think it is best policy to be changing coaching regimes every 5 years.  I wouldn't probably have the patience that I do if Schweigert hadn't already proven that he is capable of turning around a hot mess in pretty short order like he did with what he inherited from Mussman from 2014-16.  

Again not trying to change anybody's minds, I am as frustrated as anybody else.  At minimum I better hear reports in the coming weeks that Rudolph and Kostich are packing their bags.  And I don't mean for the recruiting trail.

3 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I would really be shocked if Chaves fires Bubba, simply due to the economics of the contract situation and years left on it.  

I could however see a scenario where the AD demands that Bubba make changes to his coaching staff.  What effect that would have on the AD-Head Coach relationship I would imagine would not be a positive one.  Unless Bubba is actually thinking of making changes on his own right now.  I don't know how common it would be for an AD to micromanage like that.  In the end it could probably influence Bubba to walk away before his contract runs out.  

This is the only way I see Bubba gone before 2020.

12 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I honestly haven't completely closed the book on Bubba, like many here already have, but I am getting to the final chapters.  I'm not sure I think it is best policy to be changing coaching regimes every 5 years.  I wouldn't probably have the patience that I do if Schweigert hadn't already proven that he is capable of turning around a hot mess in pretty short order like he did with what he inherited from Mussman from 2014-16.  

Again not trying to change anybody's minds, I am as frustrated as anybody else.  At minimum I better hear reports in the coming weeks that Rudolph and Kostich are packing their bags.  And I don't mean for the recruiting trail.

This scenario is a very unhealthy way to run an athletic department.  An AD hires the HC and it is his job to do the rest with the resources he is given.  A much healthier scenario would be to leave it to Bubba.

1 minute ago, northernraider said:

UND has choked too many times the last three years. I think bubba's style is so old fashioned. Conservative calling, run first, and uncreative defense. 

I agree with the above saying bubba would be great in the Athletic Association but might be too old school for todays game. 

Our defense is actually very creative. Too creative on occasion. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

At minimum I better hear reports in the coming weeks that Rudolph and Kostich are packing their bags.  And I don't mean for the recruiting trail.

I don't necessarily agree with your other comments regarding Bubba being capable of turnaround, but I absolutely agree with this comment. At the very least UND needs a coaching and philosophy change on offense and special teams.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zonadub said:

Entz or Messingham. Time to get serious about being ready for the MVFC.

What would be the incentive for either of them to take the UND job? I am not sure Bubba makes more than either of them and the salary pool for assistants wouldn't be enough to attract the coaches they would want.  Unless of course the REA loosens the pursestrings and allows Chaves to spent the money to attract better coaches. Entz would be in line to take over for Klieman when he inevitably moves on soon.

5 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

What would be the incentive for either of them to take the UND job? I am not sure Bubba makes more than either of them and the salary pool for assistants wouldn't be enough to attract the coaches they would want.  Unless of course the REA loosens the pursestrings and allows Chaves to spent the money to attract better coaches. Entz would be in line to take over for Klieman when he inevitably moves on soon.

Nick Saban loses coordinators all the time.  Brian Kelly loses coordinators all the time.

They go to G5 schools sometimes.  Nothing wrong with a dude wanting to shoot his shot as a head coach.

• UNDBIZ locked this topic