SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

Posted this in the game thread, but this is probably the better place for it. Chaves needs to find the money now to buy out Bubba's contract. He can't be the head coach next year. The bleeding needs to stop now, I genuinely fear what the MVFC would do to UND with Bubba in charge. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Is coach Schmidt worthy of being head coach? We can’t afford to lose our recruits but would retaining him be enough to keep this team together?

Forget the recruits! We truthfully can’t afford to continue to lose big games! That’s the primary concern, not a single year of recruits. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Stepping back off the ledge. Can this team drastically improve if we just dump Rudy and Kostich? This is my bare minimum expectation if we keep Bubba. Send Rudy back to Minot 

It would be a start, but improve drastically, absolutely not. It starts at the top unfortunately, Bubba could have the best OC coach in the country and he'd ruin him. 

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

It would be a start, but improve drastically, absolutely not. It starts at the top unfortunately, Bubba could have the best OC coach in the country and he'd ruin him. 

This. It starts at the top. Bubba decided to bring Rudy in who had shown no ability to have success in prior coaching positions. He stuck with both Rudy and Kostich when it was shown both of them were inept in their coordinator positions. He constantly mismanages 4th quarters, he goes for it when he should kick, he punts when he should go for it. Questionable is the best way to describe his decision-making.

• Upvote 2

This obviously isn't an option, but if the choice was between (1) Firing Bubba - keeping everyone else (2) Firing Rudolph / Kostich, I would choice 1 every day of the week. I genuinely believe Bubba is the biggest problem.

Just now, AJS said:

This obviously isn't an option, but if the choice was between (1) Firing Bubba - keeping everyone else (2) Firing Rudolph / Kostich, I would choice 1 every day of the week. I genuinely believe Bubba is the biggest problem.

He’s just not a HC. He isn’t capable of making those difficult executive decisions.

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Bubba made his bed when he didn’t change a single thing last year.

This has been my sentiment from the beginning of the year. I said this earlier today, but I'll repeat it, I will think less of Bubba when he uses them as scapegoats after this year. He really has done this football program a disservice.