SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

I think change needs to happen definitely next season. Last season injuries caused a lot of problems but that excuse doesn’t equate this season, it’s on the coaches. Offensive play calling is horrible, our special teams couldn’t out kick GF Central, and our passing defense is bad. I hate to say it but another overhaul from top to bottom may need to happen before we end up with another Muss crisis. I hope Chaves sees the need for change and finds money to get some decent replacements. 

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

I think change needs to happen definitely next season. Last season injuries caused a lot of problems but that excuse doesn’t equate this season, it’s on the coaches. Offensive play calling is horrible, our special teams couldn’t out kick GF Central, and our passing defense is bad. I hate to say it but another overhaul from top to bottom may need to happen before we end up with another Muss crisis. I hope Chaves sees the need for change and finds money to get some decent replacements. 

I think you hit the nail on the head.... next season and figure out what the issues are...

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Where is jdub to put this loss on inadequate locker rooms, coach's offices and meeting rooms.

Oh and forgot the 52% revenue being pillaged by the REA.

:D

Why smile about it? Locker rooms and such lure recruits, and the 52% could pay for equipment and salaries. 

Now that the seasons over, last year we could blame injuries and those heal. How much do we get to blame injuries this year?

I don't see much that says next year will be any better than this year. Everything was set up perfectly for this team to make the playoffs (including transfer QB and Running Back) and they didn't get there.

Are more transfers the answer?

11 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Now that the seasons over, last year we could blame injuries and those heal. How much do we get to blame injuries this year?

I don't see much that says next year will be any better than this year. Everything was set up perfectly for this team to make the playoffs (including transfer QB and Running Back) and they didn't get there.

Are more transfers the answer?

More transfers aren't the answer, they're just washouts from other programs.  Look at Kett,  he didn't become our miracle cure.     The answer obviously is recruting better players and retaining them.   Hopefully Boltman is ready at QB next year.

1 minute ago, johnsowe said:

So we fire the staff and then how.many more years and national title will NDSU win before we become competitive?  

Doesn't matter what NDSU is doing at this point. At this point we can't even reach the playoffs so why are we bringing up national titles? This staff isn't getting it done, you don't sit there and keep hammering your head into the same wall, you move on. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Feff said:

Doesn't matter what NDSU is doing at this point. At this point we can't even reach the playoffs so why are we bringing up national titles? This staff isn't getting it done, you don't sit there and keep hammering your head into the same wall, you move on. 

I agree with this that what staff UND has doesn't have any bearing on NDSU's national title run. However, stubborn and predicable play calling isn't exclusive to UND. NDSU;s OC and Klieman insisted on running the ball all day even though YSU was selling out on the run. They could have scored 40 points if they had let Stick air it out today. NDSU is lucky at times they have superior players. I really believe this was UND's opportunity to make a run. They had a very favorable non conference schedule and a very weak BSC schedule. I know many on this site like to poo poo the MVFC, but UND will find out how tough it really is week in and week out very soon. There are no Sac States and UNS's in the MVFC. 

It is interesting because I wanted DeBoer at when Bubba was hired mainly because I thought the program needed new blood and to stop living in the past.  If you Follow DeBoer and his career I am not certain he would have been the answer though.  I don't agree with many that the Rudy is the root of all problems but play calling and offensive consistency is a major issue.  The Defense has not been great the last 2 seasons and I hate the blitz every play mentality we are currently using.  Special teams is as bad as I have ever seen it at UND which has cost us 2 games this season.  This firing the coaches discussion wouldn't be happening if that issue was fixed.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

So we fire the staff and then how.many more years and national title will NDSU win before we become competitive?  

If we don’t fire the staff, we will never be nationally competitive.  Does that honestly sound like a better alternative to you?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I agree with this that what staff UND has doesn't have any bearing on NDSU's national title run. However, stubborn and predicable play calling isn't exclusive to UND. NDSU;s OC and Klieman insisted on running the ball all day even though YSU was selling out on the run. They could have scored 40 points if they had let Stick air it out today. NDSU is lucky at times they have superior players. I really believe this was UND's opportunity to make a run. They had a very favorable non conference schedule and a very weak BSC schedule. I know many on this site like to poo poo the MVFC, but UND will find out how tough it really is week in and week out very soon. There are no Sac States and UNS's in the MVFC. 

Und with this coaching staff gets throttled 3/4 of the games in the mvfc.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

The Valley.  

9 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Thank you seniors for giving it your all when the coaches were giving it maybe 25%.  Feel bad for the young men.  They deserve better as the talent was there.  

That is BS man, do you honestly think the coaches aren't working and trying to win?  I promise you they put in more time and effort than you ever have in your life.  Football coaches put in more time and effort than you could possibly know.  

1 minute ago, BigGame said:

That is BS man, do you honestly think the coaches aren't working and trying to win?  I promise you they put in more time and effort than you ever have in your life.  Football coaches put in more time and effort than you could possibly know.  

The effort is there I'm sure. Bubba bleeds green. However, the skill is not present and there has been major mismanagement. No way, no how should Rudy have ever been the OC to begin with. Him calling plays most games feels like tying one hand behind the back for this offense. 

• Upvote 2