Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
iluvdebbies

NORTH DAKOTA VS BADgers GAMEDAY THREAD (SATURDAY)

Recommended Posts

It sounds like Wisconsin May have discovered their new starting goalie. I listened to the third period and kept hearing Hennessy proclaim one nice save after the other on UND chances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Don’t know what’s worse going 1/9 on the pp.which the BADger faithful are calling a numbers 8 and 9 gifts from the NCHC. or blocked punt for a TD. 

The blocked punt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Don’t know what’s worse going 1/9 on the pp.which the BADger faithful are calling a numbers 8 and 9 gifts from the NCHC. or blocked punt for a TD. 

Only thing that matters is 2 wins, UND honestly could have gotten more power plays than they did(not that it would have helped lol).  In the 1st period for example, we should have been given a 5 on 3 for 2 minutes when we were on the delayed penalty and JBD got blatantly tripped on the blue line which led to Wisconsin being able to touch the puck up. Yes we got a ton of power plays but that's because we were the superior team. And I don't say that being cocky, because that hasn't been the case every weekend so far this year(I honestly think Mankato is probably a frozen four team). Our team is clicking and starting to form a great identity early in the year. The freshies are contributing so much faster than they did last year. I have a great feeling about this team with how fast they've progressed this early. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone know why Tyson Nash was at the game? Does he do scouting? I assume he is too young to have a kid looking at the school? 

 

 

 

D5256504-666F-4680-9FDE-30B3939598DB.png

Saw this to. No idea who he is but from his profile it looks like he's related to Orange Theory Fitness? I'd imagine that's a profitable company... Perhaps helping ASU scout out arenas to model theirs after?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Don’t know what’s worse going 1/9 on the pp.which the BADger faithful are calling a numbers 8 and 9 gifts from the NCHC. or blocked punt for a TD. 

I still feel that blocked punt in my gut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I still feel that blocked punt in my gut.

Honestly I wasn't even surprised. I've become numb to those plays, as I just expect them to happen now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Honestly I wasn't even surprised. I've become numb to those plays, as I just expect them to happen now. 

Hopefully you didn't pay any attention to the game then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Only thing that matters is 2 wins, UND honestly could have gotten more power plays than they did(not that it would have helped lol).  In the 1st period for example, we should have been given a 5 on 3 for 2 minutes when we were on the delayed penalty and JBD got blatantly tripped on the blue line which led to Wisconsin being able to touch the puck up. Yes we got a ton of power plays but that's because we were the superior team. And I don't say that being cocky, because that hasn't been the case every weekend so far this year(I honestly think Mankato is probably a frozen four team). Our team is clicking and starting to form a great identity early in the year. The freshies are contributing so much faster than they did last year. I have a great feeling about this team with how fast they've progressed this early. 

If Mankato is a Frozen Four team hopefully it’ll be the Sioux to the Frozen Four since we could meet them and Fargo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Saw this to. No idea who he is but from his profile it looks like he's related to Orange Theory Fitness? I'd imagine that's a profitable company... Perhaps helping ASU scout out arenas to model theirs after?

He's a former NHL player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone know why Tyson Nash was at the game? Does he do scouting? I assume he is too young to have a kid looking at the school? 

 

 

 

D5256504-666F-4680-9FDE-30B3939598DB.png

I was wondering the same thing. I thought he calls Coyotes and ASU games (ASU when they are at Gila River Arena).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Don’t know what’s worse going 1/9 on the pp.which the BADger faithful are calling a numbers 8 and 9 gifts from the NCHC. or blocked punt for a TD. 

They can thank their lucky stars the NCHC officials didn't call the two majors on them period one that they should have.  

Penalty 8, Mismash cross checked into the net.  Penalty 9, head contact that was reviewed.....

#B1GMISTAKE 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

They can thank their lucky stars the NCHC officials didn't call the two majors on them period one that they should have.  

Penalty 8, Mismash cross checked into the net.  Penalty 9, head contact that was reviewed.....

#B1GMISTAKE 

2?!!!   Should have been 3, if not 4 for cripes sake!  They call the first, and you don't have to worry about the rest.  Officials where God awefull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1972 said:

2?!!!   Should have been 3, if not 4 for cripes sake!  They call the first, and you don't have to worry about the rest.  Officials where God awefull

Plus the one they missed on JJ getting checked from behind in the second 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

They can thank their lucky stars the NCHC officials didn't call the two majors on them period one that they should have.  

Penalty 8, Mismash cross checked into the net.  Penalty 9, head contact that was reviewed.....

#B1GMISTAKE 

Penalty 7, too many men.  I am sure if the roles were reversed we wouldn’t be happy, but we also would be saying how stupid the penalties were.  Cross checking Mismash into the net was just dumb and almost daring the ref to call it that late in the game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

If Mankato is a Frozen Four team hopefully it’ll be the Sioux to the Frozen Four since we could meet them and Fargo 

It's very possible we end up in different regions, but I'm just basing it on what I've seen from them lately. Veteran team that can put the puck in the net and doesn't seem like any situation is too big for them. Although their goalie needs to learn how to handle the puck behind his net :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much complaining and unhappiness after a freaking home sweep.

Sure there are things that need work, but the team is starting to figure it out.

Try to enjoy the wins at least a little bit.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So much complaining and unhappiness after a freaking home sweep.

Sure there are things that need work, but the team is starting to figure it out.

Try to enjoy the wins at least a little bit.

An ugly win is better than a good loss. ;)

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Senden is going to be the man. What a surprise. Can’t wait to see what he turns in to over the next few years.

He’ll most likely be a 4 year grinder.   Need those too though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These pictures made me laugh. Berry after the Jones goal was waived off. He wasn't happy.

Second, the common theme the first few weeks of the 2018-19 season

brad-berry2.jpg

two blind mice.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goon said:

These pictures made me laugh. Berry after the Jones goal was waived off. He wasn't happy.

Second, the common theme the first few weeks of the 2018-19 season

brad-berry2.jpg

two blind mice.jpg

Look on Mike's face in the top one makes me giggle! He is just trying to avoid all eye contact with Berry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

They can thank their lucky stars the NCHC officials didn't call the two majors on them period one that they should have.  

Penalty 8, Mismash cross checked into the net.  Penalty 9, head contact that was reviewed.....

#B1GMISTAKE 

oh I know they are penalties and the cross check into the goal cage could have been 5 for hitting from behind too.  head first into the cage is just as bad as head first into the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 7:01 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone know why Tyson Nash was at the game? Does he do scouting? I assume he is too young to have a kid looking at the school? 

 

 

 

D5256504-666F-4680-9FDE-30B3939598DB.png

The former NHL player indeed does have a young athlete looking at UND....

Saw on the tweeter machine that his daughter has commited to UND soccer. Hence the visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The former NHL player indeed does have a young athlete looking at UND....

Saw on the tweeter machine that his daughter has commited to UND soccer. Hence the visit.

Isn’t his son 14?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×