SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS BADgers GAMEDAY THREAD (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

Solid performance throughout the lineup tonight. Really showed the balanced depth that this team has when everyone is going. Scheel has really looked sharp his last 3 outings good to see him rewarded with the shutout. Really would like to see Hain consistently in the lineup so hopefully he can get over these nagging injuries pretty quickly. 

Absolutely huge game tomorrow night.  If they can go 3-0 against the Big Ten, it will help big time down the road.  A loss hurts a lot because you will be splitting at home against a team that most likely isn’t going to be in the mix at the end.  Let’s get that same relentless attitude we’ve had the past few games.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNDPUCKS said:

I have seen this before, but why the handshake line tonight?

League makes them on Fridays now to serve as a "cooling off moment" between the teams before the next night.  I honestly wouldn't mind getting rid of the handshake all together until the post season. 

20 minutes ago, Cratter said:

What's up with these drafted goalies not being very good at UND lately?

10 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

?

Cratter is saying that Thome ( drafted ) is not performing as well as Scheel ( undrafted )

In my opinion Thome allows a lot of rebounds off the pads, trickling pucks that get tapped in easily.  I think he's got great vision but has to start gloving or freezing that puck.  I also think with his struggle early on Brad figured he would see what he had in Scheel, and let's face it....youre not going to sit a hot hand just to put your Sophomore back in net....just my $0.02.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, UNDSioux23 said:

Cratter is saying that Thome ( drafted ) is not performing as well as Scheel ( undrafted )

In my opinion Thome allows a lot of rebounds off the pads, trickling pucks that get tapped in easily.  I think he's got great vision but has to start gloving or freezing that puck.  I also think with his struggle early on Brad figured he would see what he had in Scheel, and let's face it....youre not going to sit a hot hand just to put your Sophomore back in net....just my $0.02.

Kind of agree. I think Berry was waiting for someone to take the reigns, and then ride the hot hand. Scheel has one 3 in a row, so let’s see how far he can take us. 

I do think we’ll see Thome again at some point. 

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Tomek not panning out. Brad Eidness wasn’t terrible but he was pretty meh. Zane turned out alright though.

I think Tomek was brought in too early (wasn’t ready), but they kind of had to when Zane left early and Cam Johnson was kind of a disaster in his only start as a freshman. Eidsness I thought was decent freshman and sophomore year, but hit a wall as a junior and lost the starting job to Dell. Zane didn’t get the shut outs, but he was still very good. The teams he played on weren’t high scoring and he nearly single handedly got us to the 2014 Frozen Four. 

(Wow I’m sure no one needed my not-so-expert goaltending analysis :lol:)

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

League makes them on Fridays now to serve as a "cooling off moment" between the teams before the next night. 

Groan.  Maybe we can start having the respective team captains exchange gifts before the opening face-off too as a gesture of goodwill...

51 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Groan.  Maybe we can start having the respective team captains exchange gifts before the opening face-off too as a gesture of goodwill...

Three great gift choices with Badgers:  box with a head in it; dead fish wrapped in newspaper; horse head in the bed.