SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs Wisconsin 11/2 & 11/3 - Preview

farce poobah

5 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

I think on the 81-82 team there were 12 future NHLers.  Two incredible teams for sure.  Hopefully the 15-16 team adds a couple more.

Not sure Keaton Thompson will ever make it, but I think Rhett and Pogo will. If all 3, it'll be 12. Crazy and amazing.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:46 PM, farce poobah said:

Yes indeed.

He and Archibald were teammates at Moose Jaw in juniors before moving on to college.  But it was John Newberry that started with the water bottles.

What was the story with Chelios...didn't UND recruit  him pretty hard?

14 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

If i recall, he was down to UND n Wisco n gino gambled and said full ride but you have to commit right now before you visit wisco.... kinda hardlined it....

Chellios wouldnt do that so Gino said good luck...

Thats the story ive been tild but its in the 197th person so please correct if misconstrued over the years

17 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

If i recall, he was down to UND n Wisco n gino gambled and said full ride but you have to commit right now before you visit wisco.... kinda hardlined it....

Thats the story ive been tild but its in the 197th person so please correct if misconstrued over the years

thanks!

42 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

26 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I heard he demanded Gino's Pink Floyd Wall album and Gino wouldn't go, but I may have misconstoned over the years. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Thought Hennessey said he was going to commit to UND but Grant Standbrook made a visit to his house and got him to change his mind.  With James Patrick being a high NHL draft pick, maybe they used the “you could be the man” philosophy with him.