SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs Wisconsin 11/2 & 11/3 - Preview

farce poobah

3 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

This is awesome, how many players can you name in the photo?

Jim Archibald_1982 champs

45 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

I see Eades and I think James Patrick. The other faces are familiar but I can't put a name on them.

I'd say that's Palmiscino cut off in the bottom right.

6 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

This is awesome, how many players can you name in the photo?

Jim Archibald_1982 champs

From left, it looks like Rick Zombo's half face, above left is Dan Brennan, Bill Whittset, Dusty Carroll,  Cary Eades, Archie,  James Patrick, Dave Donnelly, Dave Tippett, then Gord Sherven and Palmiscno on the bottom.  Two of these players wore two different numbers in their careers, can you name them and the numbers they wore?

3 hours ago, tnt said:

From left, it looks like Rick Zombo's half face, above left is Dan Brennan, Bill Whittset, Dusty Carroll,  Cary Eades, Archie,  James Patrick, Dave Donnelly, Dave Tippett, then Gord Sherven and Palmiscno on the bottom.  Two of these players wore two different numbers in their careers, can you name them and the numbers they wore?

3 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

I recall Archie wearing #15.

Yes, Archibald was #15.  That's all I remember him as.  Never remembered him as #2x.

On 10/31/2018 at 8:39 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

I hope he skates out in his vintage gear.... awesomeness live.

..and also punches granato.

Im not sorry.

His backhanded fist to Ethier's upper lip in the national championship game was one for the ages.  A little payback for the water bottle.  It would be fun to see him take a mock run at the Wisco bench, just for grins.  Well, ok...no fisticuffs before the game but I wax nostalgic.  81-82 was quite a season.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:54 AM, burd said:

Having lived in Wisconsin for something like 30 years, I can tell you Badger fans have a lot of fond memories of the UW/UND rivalry, including the water bottle fight.  It was an intense rivalry with more mutual respect than existed between UND and UMinn or even UMinn and UW.   Plus, gopher fans don't seem as ready to have fun as much as Badger fans do, which I think takes the nasty edge off the rivalry.   From my perspective, at least. 

Can't be there this weekend, but I hope the Hawks kick some arse.   

That was always my experience too with Wisconsin as compared to playing the gophers. Nicer fans and more respect between the two programs.

20 hours ago, tnt said:

7 of those played in the NHL.  Pretty crazy.

22 hours ago, tnt said:

Archie wore 15 and 21, and Sherven wore 11 and 7.    Couple other big names Hrkac and Christian also wore 2 numbers; 7 & 21 and 7 & 13 respectively.  

• Upvote 1