SiouxSports.com Forum

Idaho

Dustin

So here we sit at 5-3 with, what I believe, is still a chance to control our own destiny for the 2018 season.  Next 3 games all have to be wins, and it starts on the road against Idaho.  I am disappointed with our showing (especially defensively) against Weber St., but hopefully being exposed leads to improvements.  After the last loss (Idaho St.), UND rattled off three dominating performances over lesser opponents, and I expect the same thing now.  Playoffs or bust.

• Upvote 3

Very concerned about this game. Idaho has some FBS talent especially on O so this is gonna be a tough road game. 

Gotta figure out how to make stops on 3rd down. Gotta pound the ball early on O but with a nice mix of passes to Wanzek and maybe, just maybe a tight end!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shep said:

Very concerned about this game. Idaho has some FBS talent especially on O so this is gonna be a tough road game. 

Gotta figure out how to make stops on 3rd down. Gotta pound the ball early on O but with a nice mix of passes to Wanzek and maybe, just maybe a tight end!

Idaho has a losing culture. We must break them.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, shep said:

nope.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, letsfish said:

Vandal fan here..not sure what to expect this weekend after our showing on the red turf last weekend..we were down 2 on O line and a stud LB..hopefully we get them back this week..we have played pretty tough at home  but again...not sure who or what will show up come Saturday...if any of you are making the trip, feel free to stop by and tailgate with us..you can find Fishgate out in Lot 1 between the dome and the powered RV section...look for the 'Fishgate' and 'Vandal Alley' street signs..our row is family, kid and visiting fan friendly. Safe travels and here's to an injury free game!

Great to hear from you letsfish, I know there is one fan going that posted in the Attendance thread, there will be more. 

I don't recall, do you know if we ever played each other before? I know you were FBS, BTW Washington did us in in wk2. I'm thinking this could be a close game. Could also be a night mare for us, being we had high hopes after beating Sam Houston and still have playoff hopes. And, yes injury free game would be good.

9 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Great to hear from you, I know there is one fan going that posted in the Attendance thread, there will be more. 

I don't recall, do you know if we ever played each other before? I know you were FBS, BTW Washington did us in in wk2. I'm thinking this could be a close game. Could also be a night mare for us, being we had high hopes after beating Sam Houston and still have playoff hopes. And, yes injury free game would be good. I fish 4 walleye, U?, 

I wasn't sure where to post so I grabbed this thread first.. I can copy it over there..would love to have alla y'all come by...not sure if we have ever bumped uglies on the football field..I know you have always given us a run in hoops (I'm more of a hoops and WBB fan..I'm the dad of daughters..)..the drop to FCS has been ugly here to say the least, but that would require a whole page on its own..I'm old enough to remember the Big Sky days before FBS..and I'm good with the regional games...just wish we were still playing for bowl season with our regional teams..we got thumped by Fresno to open the season and another money game is in Gainesville to end the season against Florida.. we got rained out 4 or 5 years ago, still made a cool mil, but they wanted the game, so this is the return visit..we are in an odd situation with the drop to FCS..this year and next, as we still count as a  FBS team depending on who we play..it's uncharted territory, as no school has gone back..

fishing wise..well... there was a lot more of it before kids...but mostly fly fishing..moving water...trout and steelhead..I grew up catholic so it's catch and release for me anymore...I've eaten my share..and there's  the occasional trip to AK for salmon and halibut...those are keepers.. cheers!

2 hours ago, letsfish said:

I wasn't sure where to post so I grabbed this thread first.. I can copy it over there..would love to have alla y'all come by...not sure if we have ever bumped uglies on the football field..I know you have always given us a run in hoops (I'm more of a hoops and WBB fan..I'm the dad of daughters..)..the drop to FCS has been ugly here to say the least, but that would require a whole page on its own..I'm old enough to remember the Big Sky days before FBS..and I'm good with the regional games...just wish we were still playing for bowl season with our regional teams..we got thumped by Fresno to open the season and another money game is in Gainesville to end the season against Florida.. we got rained out 4 or 5 years ago, still made a cool mil, but they wanted the game, so this is the return visit..we are in an odd situation with the drop to FCS..this year and next, as we still count as a  FBS team depending on who we play..it's uncharted territory, as no school has gone back..

fishing wise..well... there was a lot more of it before kids...but mostly fly fishing..moving water...trout and steelhead..I grew up catholic so it's catch and release for me anymore...I've eaten my share..and there's  the occasional trip to AK for salmon and halibut...those are keepers.. cheers!

Basketball I'm aware of, so FB is a first meeting, unless someone else proves us wrong. I'm not for us going FBS, we just don't have the resources. There are supporters of the climb though. I didn't realize some of your games still count as FBS. We are kind of in a weird territory also (left Big Sky this season but don't start MVFC till 2020) in that we play a Big Sky schedule as an Independent but the games count as a conference game for you guys, not us. Just seems weird. 

I've did the fish on Fridays. A friend talked me into the salmon and halibut in Sitka, ocean side of Juneau. Great time. Hopefully some ND fans show up at your tailgate.

52 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Idaho is undefeated at home. However, they haven’t played a single good opponent at home. A d2 school, PSU, and SUU are not exactly murderers row. If we don’t win this game in strong fashion I will be very concerned and question if we even deserve to make the playoffs.

I'm becoming very conerned about the outcome of this game.

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'm becoming very conerned about the outcome of this game.

I'll be happy just to win, sure would like to win in strong fashion but a win is a win.  Now the following week I hope we pummel Portland State even though they are coming on strong.  Hopefully the bond of the road trip this week has the team continuing to play well on the road.  

18 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I'll be happy just to win, sure would like to win in strong fashion but a win is a win.  Now the following week I hope we pummel Portland State even though they are coming on strong.  Hopefully the bond of the road trip this week has the team continuing to play well on the road.  

I'm hoping the boys are pissed and pound Idaho into the ground. Then again I will take a win any way possible.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Imagine the hype on this board if we would of just snuck by Weber. Came back from Vegas with a hockey and FB high, waiting for this game in Idaho?

I would have been pretty hyped up myself. Eight of us watched the football game in the hotel and were bummed heading over to the hockey game. Beer helped us get over it for the night.

• Upvote 3