SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

No. They are waiting for some paperwork to be signed so the contracts between the teams can be finalized. 

I'm guessing they are working out stuff like what percentage of seats Penn St. gets.  I have this hunch Penn St. likely wants more than UND is giving them.  

23 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I'm guessing they are working out stuff like what percentage of seats Penn St. gets.  I have this hunch Penn St. likely wants more than UND is giving them.  

If that’s the case, and as college hockey goes, Penn St. would to have some guts to make a request like that.

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Delays have nothing to do with Penn State. Waiting on some signatures from the facility so the contract can be finalized with PSU.

UND/REA owns the rights to the game, so there isn't a concern about UND not playing in it.

Does the contract to be finalized include 52% of anything Penn St. FB related?

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Exactly, there were no shortage of seats at MSG. A lot of Sioux fans travelled but we're talking an NHL arena here.

Agreed.  I think if you are a fan of either school and you want to go to this game, you are going to get tickets.  That being said, I think the demand is going to be high due to fans missing out on the Vegas game.  I could see 12,000+ UND fans at this game.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, farce poobah said:

Chicago is like every other major city in North America - if you stay in the right part of town, you're likely to be just fine.

For example, Las Vegas has a higher rate of violent crime than Chicago, but I didn't hear of any incidents affecting UND fans.

https://www.bestplaces.net/compare-cities/las_vegas_nv/chicago_il/crime

Exactly.  My guess is you're likely in more danger odds-wise while driving approx 700 miles to/fro GF - Chicago than you are actually being in Chicago assuming one uses common sense when/where you're in the Windy City. 

14 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Agreed.  I think if you are a fan of either school and you want to go to this game, you are going to get tickets.  That being said, I think the demand is going to be high due to fans missing out on the Vegas game.  I could see 12,000+ UND fans at this game.

Count me in!  I heard from a pretty reliable source linked with REA that the deal (UND vs Penn St in Nashville) is all but signed so surely gotta be something coming out soon on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...