Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
FGHTNSX Hawkey14

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

They are listed on Schlossman’s blog. “Tentative” but I personally don’t see anything changing with them. 

Link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems odd that we haven't heard any updates about this game for a very long time.  I wonder what the hold up is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Seems odd that we haven't heard any updates about this game for a very long time.  I wonder what the hold up is. 

Penn State being scared that they won’t be playing their yearly batch of cupcakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

What’s the latest? Anything new?

Nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penn State hijacked the game and will be playing Notre Dame there instead.

 

 

 

 

 

:tinfoilhat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 11:54 PM, nodak651 said:

Penn State hijacked the game and will be playing Notre Dame there instead.

 

 

 

 

 

:tinfoilhat:

Seriously? Is this confirmed somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Seriously? Is this confirmed somewhere?

No. They are waiting for some paperwork to be signed so the contracts between the teams can be finalized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

No. They are waiting for some paperwork to be signed so the contracts between the teams can be finalized. 

Just to be clear, you're saying No Dak v Penn St, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is correct. It will be Hawks v Lions once the arena sends a contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

No. They are waiting for some paperwork to be signed so the contracts between the teams can be finalized. 

I'm guessing they are working out stuff like what percentage of seats Penn St. gets.  I have this hunch Penn St. likely wants more than UND is giving them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I'm guessing they are working out stuff like what percentage of seats Penn St. gets.  I have this hunch Penn St. likely wants more than UND is giving them.  

If that’s the case, and as college hockey goes, Penn St. would to have some guts to make a request like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Bridgestone Arena has a seating capacity of 17,113 for hockey. I'd doubt that seating will be an issue.

Exactly, there were no shortage of seats at MSG. A lot of Sioux fans travelled but we're talking an NHL arena here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penn State probably wants a cut or B1Gger cut that UND is going to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cberkas said:

Penn State probably wants a cut or B1Gger cut that UND is going to get.

Hard to believe a P1G team would have that attitude.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delays have nothing to do with Penn State. Waiting on some signatures from the facility so the contract can be finalized with PSU.

UND/REA owns the rights to the game, so there isn't a concern about UND not playing in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Delays have nothing to do with Penn State. Waiting on some signatures from the facility so the contract can be finalized with PSU.

UND/REA owns the rights to the game, so there isn't a concern about UND not playing in it.

Does the contract to be finalized include 52% of anything Penn St. FB related?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Does the contract to be finalized include 52% of anything Penn St. FB related?

REA is handling the ticketing for the game so that's only fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Exactly, there were no shortage of seats at MSG. A lot of Sioux fans travelled but we're talking an NHL arena here.

Agreed.  I think if you are a fan of either school and you want to go to this game, you are going to get tickets.  That being said, I think the demand is going to be high due to fans missing out on the Vegas game.  I could see 12,000+ UND fans at this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, farce poobah said:

Chicago is like every other major city in North America - if you stay in the right part of town, you're likely to be just fine.

For example, Las Vegas has a higher rate of violent crime than Chicago, but I didn't hear of any incidents affecting UND fans.

https://www.bestplaces.net/compare-cities/las_vegas_nv/chicago_il/crime

Exactly.  My guess is you're likely in more danger odds-wise while driving approx 700 miles to/fro GF - Chicago than you are actually being in Chicago assuming one uses common sense when/where you're in the Windy City. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Agreed.  I think if you are a fan of either school and you want to go to this game, you are going to get tickets.  That being said, I think the demand is going to be high due to fans missing out on the Vegas game.  I could see 12,000+ UND fans at this game.

Count me in!  I heard from a pretty reliable source linked with REA that the deal (UND vs Penn St in Nashville) is all but signed so surely gotta be something coming out soon on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 10:56 PM, GDPritch said:

Count me in!  I heard from a pretty reliable source linked with REA that the deal (UND vs Penn St in Nashville) is all but signed so surely gotta be something coming out soon on it.

 

waiting.gif

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×