Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
iluvdebbies

NORTH DAKOTA VS goofers GAMEDAY THREAD

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Inside scoop is that they only gave her the award because she had to sit by you for the whole game...

I couldn’t disagree with that. In fact, I bet she’d say Gopher fans are less obnoxious than her husband. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

You married Donna Carpenter?!?

Who dat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Who dat?

Someone I’m not sure is completely sane... :blink:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Who dat?

She's the week 1 super fan listed at the top of the page. Let's just say she gives Bulldog fans a bad name.  No shame in her online presence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 1:13 PM, Fetch said:

They really hustled - like Bemidji does against us - Our forecheck had them confused & we got better at it as the game went on & victory was near - I have to give Bowen #9 a mention as I felt he was one of our most energetic players from the begining & Scheel played exactly as he should - I'm now very impressed what this team is capable of doing

Until they lose, then you will want to move again!

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 11:53 AM, Boozehound said:

Purposely waited until today to come on here and post. 

I am hopeful a number of Sioux fans went to the VGK game last night to figure out what sportsmanship and team support is.

Some of the Sioux fans that attended the Gophers vs Sioux game are an absolute disgrace.

You were playing a neutral site game, that game was a couple thousand miles away. Sioux fans showed and they showed large (congrats on that), but some of those fans you all should be ashamed of. I’m from the Minnesota, and live in Vegas now so the Gophers coming to Vegas wasn’t going to be missed. 

I’m cool with the trash talk, “gophers suck” and all that crap. But for the love of god, cus out the ref on the checking from behind penalty, throwing ice at a kid when cheering for the gopher goal. Grow up and have some class. Hopefully those idiots went to the VGK game and saw how real hockey fans act. Do better Sioux. You showed large, and you won congrats. Probably time to look at your friends and fan base and ask if those people should be a part of it.

Didn't Minnesota get a misconduct for cussing out the ref after their 5 minute checking from behind?  A lot of bad Minnesota fans at the game too.  Had a guy stand in front of me, and when politely asked to sit down, he, in Vegas terms, doubled down and continued to stand to be a jerk.   You would think when you are outnumbered that badly you wouldn't go overboard to be confrontational, but certainly not the case for some of the Minnesota fans that attended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 1:17 PM, Boozehound said:

God forbid you want to have some class. 

Says a guy that goes with "Boozehound" to represent.  Way to represent the Minnesota fan base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 6:14 PM, cberkas said:

So DaveK with another account, not surprised he’s a Golden Knight fan because of Fleury.

Speaking of DaveK, he’s not much of a Nostradamus over on USCHO. :lol:

Never thought of that, you are probably dead on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 11:53 AM, Boozehound said:

 

Some of the Sioux fans that attended the Gophers vs Sioux game are an absolute disgrace.

You were playing a neutral site game, that game was a couple thousand miles away. Sioux fans showed and they showed large (congrats on that), but some of those fans you all should be ashamed of. I’m from the Minnesota, and live in Vegas now so the Gophers coming to Vegas wasn’t going to be missed. 

I’m cool with the trash talk, “gophers suck” and all that crap. But for the love of god, cus out the ref on the checking from behind penalty, throwing ice at a kid when cheering for the gopher goal. Grow up and have some class. Hopefully those idiots went to the VGK game and saw how real hockey fans act. Do better Sioux. You showed large, and you won congrats. Probably time to look at your friends and fan base and ask if those people should be a part of it.

I've been hearing this all over Mpls this week.  It was a UND HOME GAME.  UND was the host and booked the arena, set up the ice, organized the activities, ran the whole show, sold the tickets, took the financial risk.  It was not a mutually shared game in any way in that respect.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I don’t like the gopher hockey team and I don’t like gopher hockey fans.

Dave K is not a hockey fan.  Just a very needy guy.  Love and hate are both acceptable for him because they both bring attention, and that explains his bit.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, Boozehound said:

Purposely waited until today to come on here and post. 

I am hopeful a number of Sioux fans went to the VGK game last night to figure out what sportsmanship and team support is.

Some of the Sioux fans that attended the Gophers vs Sioux game are an absolute disgrace.

You were playing a neutral site game, that game was a couple thousand miles away. Sioux fans showed and they showed large (congrats on that), but some of those fans you all should be ashamed of. I’m from the Minnesota, and live in Vegas now so the Gophers coming to Vegas wasn’t going to be missed. 

I’m cool with the trash talk, “gophers suck” and all that crap. But for the love of god, cus out the ref on the checking from behind penalty, throwing ice at a kid when cheering for the gopher goal. Grow up and have some class. Hopefully those idiots went to the VGK game and saw how real hockey fans act. Do better Sioux. You showed large, and you won congrats. Probably time to look at your friends and fan base and ask if those people should be a part of it.

I doubt you are from Vegas. If you truly have been to a Knights game, you would have realized half the crowd doesn't even know what the heck they are watching.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, omahasioux1 said:

I doubt you are from Vegas. If you truly have been to a Knights game, you would have realized half the crowd doesn't even know what the heck they are watching.

This.....^^^^

Went Friday......two ladies sat next to us. One knew some hockey.....other one zero. Went Sunday......two guys next to us. Neither knew what offsides was. All four were from Vegas.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still may want to move

 

I enjoyed the game at the Orleans but wish more goofers had been there - I missed our replay screen as so many wouldn't sit back down (like students who graduated & moved on & now went to a game with adults but still wanted to act like students)

I'm not a Vegas person this game would have been great at the Xcell center in St Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

This.....^^^^

Went Friday......two ladies sat next to us. One knew some hockey.....other one zero. Went Sunday......two guys next to us. Neither knew what offsides was. All four were from Vegas.

 

I had a totally different experience. Everyone around me were very knowledgeable fans. I'm sure many locals at the game have never seen ice before, except in their cocktails, 
but there there and they are learning and are new hockey fans and that's great for the sport.

And there's no doubt - Vegas loves the Knights, and they know how to have FUN, a real party atmosphere. Looked like a sold out crowd on a Sunday night. I loved all the costumes, Elvis impersonators, full Knight regalia (lots of kids dressed as Knights) and looked like everyone else had Knights apparel on. The band and cheerleaders marching around the stadium, that annoying siren, the 'Drumbots' drum line group, and although I can't stand that cheesy skit at the beginning it seems apropos for Vegas. Getting at least 6 different high fives from strangers after a Knights goal. That might have been the most fun pro game (non playoff anyway) that I have been to. I tip my hat to the Knights fans. 
 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, omahasioux1 said:

I doubt you are from Vegas. If you truly have been to a Knights game, you would have realized half the crowd doesn't even know what the heck they are watching.

 

21 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Went Friday......two ladies sat next to us. One knew some hockey.....other one zero. Went Sunday......two guys next to us. Neither knew what offsides was. All four were from Vegas.

If being a fan of hockey requires as much knowledge as Doc Emrick, most of us should probably turn in our ID’s and never attend a game again.  Sheesh... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last part of this was Great

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.  Just wow. This video is well worth watching.

And big KUDOS to the traveling fans!! That was nice and appropriate.

And to the Engelstad family for all they do...despite big issues with leadership....

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally saw this game on TV & Janatwein (sp?) Deserved that open netter - he played very hard & well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×