SiouxSports.com Forum

Swat the Hornets

Nodak78

17 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Doesn't sound like the team plans to move any ILBs or safeties to fill at OLB.  Waletzko redshirt will be burned as he will start if/when ready.

May as well burn it - this team can go places, and you should put people in a position to succeed.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Dustin said:

May as well burn it - this team can go places, and you should put people in a position to succeed.

If he's in a position to start - and he'll likely start this week due to some shuffling - there is no need to redshirt.

2 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Need to have a dominating performance in order to gain some respect from the playoff committee. This game is going to start at 8 p.m. CDT, so the Hawks better not be mentally tired after half time. 

In my view the only thing they "need" to do is win. It would be helpful if they crush the Hornets, and I will be rooting for them to do so, but the #1 priority is to get out of Sac Town with a W.

I am mildly concerned about Kett's mindset heading into the game. Tom Miller did a great job of gently introducing this recently - Nate plays with great fire as evidenced on his hit after an interception and his personal foul when he hit the pile (I love the enthusiasm). And he will be AMPED for this game, and it's a mystery if he will let this affect his game this week or not. I know the coaches will be on him but in the end it's on Nate to stay within himself and not let his emotions get the best of him.

8 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

If he's in a position to start - and he'll likely start this week due to some shuffling - there is no need to redshirt.

In my view the only thing they "need" to do is win. It would be helpful if they crush the Hornets, and I will be rooting for them to do so, but the #1 priority is to get out of Sac Town with a W.

I am mildly concerned about Kett's mindset heading into the game. Tom Miller did a great job of gently introducing this recently - Nate plays with great fire as evidenced on his hit after an interception and his personal foul when he hit the pile (I love the enthusiasm). And he will be AMPED for this game, and it's a mystery if he will let this affect his game this week or not. I know the coaches will be on him but in the end it's on Nate to stay within himself and not let his emotions get the best of him.

It depends how he responds to being amped. Some people thrive on it and find a next level of focus. Some get erratic. Hopefully he’s the prior.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I have the same feeling I did going into the Idaho St game. The hype is building again and we need to make a statement that we are actually for real. Need to make a statement tomorrow.

Well said.... total UND dominance starting with the first play!

• Upvote 1

The defense has been lights out lately.....completely in sync!   They start and finish as the aggressor.....need the offense to mirror that.   If the offense can maintain the aggressiveness a full game ....und is a very good team.  

Injuries that could have a big effect on today’s game:

Tobin-  was my choice for top OL the last couple years.  Nate should fill in nicely but the seasons starting two on the left side are out. Not what a team wants to see 

Tanner -  he was a leader and was having a hell of a year. Big loss 

Santiago- his bum knee limits his explosiveness.  Should play but won’t be himself  

JJ-  looked as though he tweaked something (groin/hammy)in the 4th qtr vs Montana.   Might see some Weah today  

shannon-  rolled his ankle, seemed a little gimpy.  

I feel this game should be a blowout but it all comes down to the offense being aggressive and keeping the pedal down and of course the special teams.   I think #8 will have the offense ready...  

38-17 und 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

So, today's print version of the GF Herald has a full page write-up of the UND vs. Griz game from last week.  Epic failure!

You think that’s a failure? Google their website and click “sports”.  Top three stories are about the Yellow Cattle fb team.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

So, today's print version of the GF Herald has a full page preview of the UND vs. Griz game from last week.  Epic failure!

I honestly don’t know how they stay profitable anymore with declining ad revenue and sinking subscription rates.  The paper had their time ...20 years ago. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

The defense has been lights out lately.....completely in sync!   They start and finish as the aggressor.....need the offense to mirror that.   If the offense can maintain the aggressiveness a full game ....und is a very good team.  

Injuries that could have a big effect on today’s game:

Tobin-  was my choice for top OL the last couple years.  Nate should fill in nicely but the seasons starting two on the left side are out. Not what a team wants to see 

Tanner -  he was a leader and was having a hell of a year. Big loss 

Santiago- his bum knee limits his explosiveness.  Should play but won’t be himself  

JJ-  looked as though he tweaked something (groin/hammy)in the 4th qtr vs Montana.   Might see some Weah today  

shannon-  rolled his ankle, seemed a little gimpy.  

I feel this game should be a blowout but it all comes down to the offense being aggressive and keeping the pedal down and of course the special teams.   I think #8 will have the offense ready...  

38-17 und 

watch what you say here...if you don't say that aplin is an all-american on here you are gonna get some pretty salty private messages from either grant's girlfriend or his mom.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I'm still up in Nodak and I saw this disaster as well. First thing I did this morning was grab the Herald and saw the sports section and my reaction was WTF! 

The Herald should be embarrassed. 

I'm sure their paycheck is signed in Fargo.  The Forum even influence the Williston paper.  They didn't have one article last week about griz and UND. But two articles about gophers and most everything else bizzzxum.