SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VS bsu GAMEDAY THREAD

iluvdebbies

16 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

UMD English 350:  “These” would be required here instead of “this.”

Even a moron in a Sponge Bob costume should know that...

Even a moron in a sponge bob costume who stalks college hockey sportswriters would know that.

When you are in year 20 of being a college student at UMD what level of English are you in though?

Gardner is not a top line center on a good team.  Januitenen must have something on Berry.  Adams and Kawagoochi are small, without great speed (bad combo) and get knocked off pucks easily.  Yon and Hoff are upperclassmen that can't consistently stay in the lineup.  At this point play Hain, Senden and Weatherby every game to see what you got 

4 hours ago, John W. said:

Some of you are correct.....the reason for this team's  faults is a nickname!!!!...the ice hockey 'culture ' at UND is the only sport  that hasn't  embraced the new name/logo fully....stop referring to them as 'Siou-sies'....and good karma will follow.....I know it's hard for some to join the 21st Century...(and you're still hoping for a return of women's hockey.....poor babies)

I’m not sure who’s referring to them as the “Siou-sies”? I’ve never heard that before

5 Things

1.  Where was the energy, the excitement, the tradition?

2. #22 where are you?

3.  Mismash still looks legit.

4.  One positive..... Our defensive play has been pretty "shut down" so far.  Imagine these defensive stats with an offense that can actually play hockey.

5.  I have no #5.  That was horrible.

1 hour ago, John W. said:

My nickname comment earlier was done strictly 'tongue in cheek'....hope this dint go over some of your heads.....but was serious about 'Fighting Siou-sies' dropping that usage.....If they truly love UND....get on board with reality...….

Maybe you can text Berry with that incredible intel and let him know that if he’d just “get on board” with the nickname and logo, the play on the ice would improve.  

10 hours ago, tnt said:

Agreed.  I even liked the hustle of Senden.  Think the whole team can play a lot better if they play with some passion and urgency.  My biggest concern is that after all the talk  about getting back to the NCAA tournament, they played with neither this weekend.  If every game counts, they sure don't seem to understand it.  

They were much better the first night with yon and Hoff in.  Need to flip back to that lineup and keep Tychonik in.  Let it roll. If they keep tinkering with this group they’ll lose a lot.

4 hours ago, sprig said:

Agreed,  that covers it. Haven't totally lost hope for the year but football and basketball will have to fill the void if something doesn't change. 

Letting basketball fill a void in your sports life is a bad idea....:lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ksl_sioux4ever said:

At least someone on the team has the courage to admit their faults and the teams. 

Jones just went up another notch in my book. He gets it...........everyone else?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Jones just went up another notch in my box. He gets it...........everyone else?

If everyone had his motor, they would score much more often.  Mismash, Kawaguchi and Adams only go in spurts when they have a perceived opportunity.

14 minutes ago, tnt said:

If everyone had his motor, they would score much more often.  Mismash, Kawaguchi and Adams only go in spurts when they have a perceived opportunity.

Could you imagine Mismash with the grit and determination of Jones?

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Could you imagine Mismash with the grit and determination of Jones?

The word on him coming in was hard nosed player with great work ethic.  I see the hard nosed, but the work ethic seems to come and go.