Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
iluvdebbies

UND VS bsu GAMEDAY THREAD

Recommended Posts

Anyone remember Ryan Mertens? He was a quality role players on a very good team. He'd be a top 3 forward on this team. Let that soak in.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Anyone remember Ryan Mertens? He was a quality role players on a very good team. He'd be a top 3 forward on this team. Let that soak in.

Dan Senkbill would have never had to transfer if he was on this team.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Who does everyone think are the top 6 forwards on this team? 

Not in any particular order:

Goon

jdub27 

cberkas

Oxbow6

Wilbur

And just because I’m biased — me

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Who does everyone think are the top 6 forwards on this team? 

That's a question Berry can't even answer right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Somebody should look into improving that in my lifetime...

Way way way too many indirect passes on the PP once they have gained the zone (if that even successfully happens...).  Once they gain the zone they almost always ring it behind the net, other team attacks because it's a great time to take a risk on a PK, and boom we get to do our crappy zone entry again!

We do a great job of letting the opposing goalie see the puck too.  Where is Brad Malone when you need him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Way way way too many indirect passes on the PP once they have gained the zone (if that even successfully happens...).  Once they gain the zone they almost always ring it behind the net, other team attacks because it's a great time to take a risk on a PK, and boom we get to do our crappy zone entry again!

We do a great job of letting the opposing goalie see the puck too.  Where is Brad Malone when you need him?

Could someone have at least tried once to carry it in on the PP? The success rate chipping it in was ZERO!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel I need to dye my hair pink and purple after being at both FB and hockey today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out that you can talk team unity in the off season, send out letters about how each game and each period starts at zero, have a coach say your defense is the best he's ever seen, and if you don't have enough talent to gain the offensive zone or even get a decent shot off during a power play you will play unwatchable games and have Bemidji State kick your a**.  Come on Bubba - at least watch PP film and do anything but what we are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

On a positive note I did like the play from 10, 14 and 24. 

Agreed.  I even liked the hustle of Senden.  Think the whole team can play a lot better if they play with some passion and urgency.  My biggest concern is that after all the talk  about getting back to the NCAA tournament, they played with neither this weekend.  If every game counts, they sure don't seem to understand it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Irish said:

Turns out that you can talk team unity in the off season, send out letters about how each game and each period starts at zero, have a coach say your defense is the best he's ever seen, and if you don't have enough talent to gain the offensive zone or even get a decent shot off during a power play you will play unwatchable games and have Bemidji State kick your a**.  Come on Bubba - at least watch PP film and do anything but what we are doing.

If Shaw was serious about his comments about the defense and such, his inability to utilize their talents on the power play looks even worse. Finishing with 19 percent with the likes of Schmaltz, Boeser, Caggiula, Stecher, Poolman and LaDue doesn't inspire my confidence in the scheme.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, this weekends performance is embarrassing.this team clearly wants to take low percentage shots for rebound opportunities. However, you will not get rebound opportunities unless you adequately screen the goalie. This did not happen this weekend. Furthermore, if your seeking rebound opportunities you have to crash the net. Unfortunately, we did not crash the net in a compretive format compared to the opponent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team needs to get some high scoring games. They can’t play 1 or 2 goals and expect a win all the time. It’s like having a good pitcher but no offense. When was the last time a UND team scored only 2 goals on BSU for an entire weekend? Where’s the 5 or 6 goal games we used to see on a regular basis, just no fire power out there. People already calling for Berry’s head, something may be looked at if UND misses the playoffs for a second straight year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of you are correct.....the reason for this team's  faults is a nickname!!!!...the ice hockey 'culture ' at UND is the only sport  that hasn't  embraced the new name/logo fully....stop referring to them as 'Siou-sies'....and good karma will follow.....I know it's hard for some to join the 21st Century...(and you're still hoping for a return of women's hockey.....poor babies)

  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex did say during the game that Berry liked his team and that they worked very hard this off-season.  But worked hard on what????  Judging by this weekend, he must have meant their school work, because it couldn't have been hockey related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John W. said:

Some of you are correct.....the reason for this team's  faults is a nickname!!!!...the ice hockey 'culture ' at UND is the only sport  that hasn't  embraced the new name/logo fully....stop referring to them as 'Siou-sies'....and good karma will follow.....I know it's hard for some to join the 21st Century...(and you're still hoping for a return of women's hockey.....poor babies)

People are plain idiots if they think losing is because of the nickname and logo. UND won 2 national titles when the Blackhawk logo was dropped, they won one national title after the Sioux name was dropped. So if the team wins it’s because of the Sioux name but if they lose it’s because of the Hawks name/logo. Too much Tide Pod eating going on.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

On a positive note I did like the play from 10, 14 and 24. 

Looking good freshies, but learning quickly how NOT to score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sprig said:

Looking good freshies, but learning quickly how NOT to score

Look at how the Jr./Sr. forwards played this weekend. Woof!! Just brutal. Nothing in 2 games gave a glimpse hope offensively from them....minus Jones. Gooch Adams and Mismash will need to be 3 of the top 5 forward point scorers from here on out for this team to be relevant in the conference and Pairwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Look at how the Jr./Sr. forwards played this weekend. Woof!! Just brutal. Nothing in 2 games gave a glimpse hope offensively from them....minus Jones. Gooch Adams and Mismash will need to be 3 of the top 5 forward point scorers from here on out for this team to be relevant in the conference and Pairwise.

 Agreed,  that covers it. Haven't totally lost hope for the year but football and basketball will have to fill the void if something doesn't change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only way berry loses his job is last place league finish, doable, no home ice for playoffs and no ncaa’s , which will be in Fargo. If we go two in a row out of the ncaa’s they will not be bidding on regionals just to lose money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×