SiouxSports.com Forum
iluvdebbies

UND VS bsu GAMEDAY THREAD

On a good note anyone who wants to watch minnesota mankato duluth and air force in fargo may have a much easier ticket to find.

Not the excitement needed going into regional ticket sales week. 

• Upvote 1

A loss and a tie to open the season to say I'm very disappointed is probably an understatement. Not many positives at all to take from this weekend. Very ugly and bad hockey this weekend. Better get to work and get a lot better this week to get ready for a tougher test next weekend against Mankato.
Going back to last season and missing the tournament we have heard a pretty consistent line about working harder, making the little plays, very little margin for error, etc. At some point the coaches and players need to just go out there and get the job done. Quit talking about how embarrassed, disappointed, and upset you are and go do something about it! Play with consistent energy, look like you have some sort of structure and special teams gameplan, have a sense of urgency, and play with a little excitement.

24 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Does being a douche come naturally or do you just have to work up to it throughout the day?..... 

That’s funny, people could say the same thing about you.

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

On a good note anyone who wants to watch minnesota mankato duluth and air force in fargo may have a much easier ticket to find.

Not the excitement needed going into regional ticket sales week. 

With my points I might have a chance if all you with lots of points don’t want tickets for the regional - I would love to get regional tickets and take my chances!

Just watched some highlights, and it was indeed a Senior and captain who didn't go all in to block the shot on the game tying goal that Berry alluded to in the post game show.  

I think Berry and the coaching staff are responsible.   This team just continues to play bad, uninspiring, unexciting hockey.   I just hope action is taken before we hit rock bottom like Wisconsin did a few years back.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Siouxpoib said:

I think Berry and the coaching staff are responsible.   This team just continues to play bad, uninspiring, unexciting hockey.   I just hope action is taken before we hit rock bottom like Wisconsin did a few years back.

i was thinking the same thing...eaves won a natty and then !@#$ the bed for years but lived off that natty for years too long. brad wins one in his first year and not much since.

38 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

This is the worst Offensively talented UND team that I’ve ever seen. 

And we can't blame it on Jost leaving early - get some guys that can score for crap's sake.

15 minutes ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

I miss Brock

In all fairness Brock mailed it in his Sophomore year saving himself for the pros....don't blame him as it worked 

It's pretty bad when you know that they will let the other team hang around and hang  around, then give up a goal late.  Urgency to begin, score, play emotionless until they tie it, then show a little more urgency.  I am certain most fans saw Bemidji's goal as inevitable, don't know how the players and coaches can't see it coming, and focus on adding to a lead.  

Mankato sweeps BU

Minnesota is playing great vs UMD and thumpd a USTNDP that beat some teams

Wisconsin sweeps BC

Und ....OT for Manitoba and a 0-0-1 vs Bitchmidgee??? 0/8 on pp and 2/17 including the exhib.

Thats the facts. Been a long time since we looked this tiger in the face.

• Like 1

5 goals in 3 games including the exhibition.
Not looking good for offense this season.

Might be a long year...  :(

17 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

In all fairness Brock mailed it in his Sophomore year saving himself for the pros....don't blame him as it worked 

Hardly. His injury was what prevented him from a great year.

14 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

0/8 on pp and 2/17 including the exhib.

Somebody should look into improving that in my lifetime...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Don't hold your breath - it's been years now

51 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

On paper this team should be much better.

Marginally.......and that's being generous.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Hardly. His injury was what prevented him from a great year.

The same iniury that didn't prevent him from immediately making an impact in the NHL the second the college season ended.........

15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You'd think that the way they are slaves to analytics they would see it needs to be fixed. Of course those same analytics told them to put Simonson and Olson out frequently because of zone time, so you never know.  I would think they would have screamed how many career goals they had between them, so why are they your go to when you are down late.