SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Montana Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Between two end zone int and going for it on four downs instead of field goals if we would have executed better we easily would have put up 50+, good thing we didn’t need those points.

the one td with the back ups was a complete fluke so I don’t fault them for that one.

Im glad that not going for points on the board didn't end up hurting us. I also see it as going for the daggar. I didn't see the 1st INT. But 2nd could've been better executed. Brady ran 2 yards deeper then John and allowed 1 defender to cover. If brady runs to back corner he is wide open. Still kett needs to try to throw a better ball over the defender there. Kett had some beauty of long balls today however. Sucks that #11 1 handed reception was called back

19 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

Im glad that not going for points on the board didn't end up hurting us. I also see it as going for the daggar. I didn't see the 1st INT. But 2nd could've been better executed. Brady ran 2 yards deeper then John and allowed 1 defender to cover. If brady runs to back corner he is wide open. Still kett needs to try to throw a better ball over the defender there. Kett had some beauty of long balls today however. Sucks that #11 1 handed reception was called back

If Brady would have improvised a little and not gone to the boundary he would have been wide open.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I was hoping to see a lot of Otis at the end today. Not sure why he wasn’t getting in there. Unless they’re being very conservative with his games just in case they need him. If that’s the case then it would have been nice to see Sherva get some action.

Midco was guessing they are saving him for end of year in case we start getting beat up. Most teams hoping to get a 3rd string some reps, we have a problem where we want our 3rd string to be rested as they are important to our game plan.

25 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I was hoping to see a lot of Otis at the end today. Not sure why he wasn’t getting in there. Unless they’re being very conservative with his games just in case they need him. If that’s the case then it would have been nice to see Sherva get some action.

Kasowski said they want to preserve Weah’s redshirt (he can play in 4 games) but may use him more in other games if RB’s get injured.

The OL play seems much improved as the season progresses.

But this Montana team is much more crappy than the Bengals were, which everyone thought was an easy win and may be the top Big Sky team.  The Griz won’t be a .500 team at this rate and have been overrated seemingly forever.

4 minutes ago, Finn flick said:

My whole community has had interrupted phone service for 2 days. Streaming stopped on Pluto just before the half. What was the final WIN score? Feel like I have been back in the 19th Century when nothing is working and I don’t live in “Michaels path.”

41-14

montana scores late on our reserves leaving in their starters

1 minute ago, shep said:

To sum up the day here at Sioux Sports.

The O sucked as it should have scored 60 points. 

The D sucked as it should have shut them out and 

The real reason we got the W is because Montana sucks.

This on a day we won 41-14!

WOW

Thanks....glad for the win. Yes WOW...Pluto streaming was horrible, on and off til I lost it completely.

35 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

We won right?  And we kinda dominated too. Geez. What’s with all the negativity!!  Some of you in here could win a million dollars and probably bitch about the suitcase full of cash being too heavy!!  Enjoy the win!!

Don’t get me started on the taxes...

• Upvote 3

Early turnovers were absolutely huge. Hats off to the defense and special teams. Great job of the offense capitalizing on turnovers too. Ketteringham looked great minus 1 interception in redzone. 

3rd quarter remains horrible weakness for UND - no scoring again for the UND offense. I loved the aggressive deep passes in the first half, though. Keep that up along with the physical running of Brady Oliveira and James Johannesson. 

Awesome to have a blow out win against a big name program like Montana. Also nice to do it in front of home crowd.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, shep said:

To sum up the day here at Sioux Sports.

The O sucked as it should have scored 60 points. 

The D sucked as it should have shut them out and 

The real reason we got the W is because Montana sucks.

This on a day we won 41-14!

WOW

I am very happy!  I do wish we would have hung 50 on them though because we had a chance, but yeah that is just being greedy I know.  I don't think Montana sucks.....I think we are pretty good and we also benefited from  TO's, and we also capitalized on them.....which at times we have not done before.  Let's remember Montana did beat UNA so I don't think Montana is complete crap (not that UNA is a great team, but still) .  Of course people on the FCS page will of course have to think Montana sucks now because we beat them, we know that many of those other fan bases don't think we are for real so they will chalk this up to Montana sucking.....not us being good.   I am pretty concerned about our ability to make FG's though.  But yes this was a great day......and a long time coming.....I am very happy!   Keep it rolling Fighting Hawks!

• Upvote 1