SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Montana Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

1 minute ago, Feff said:

This is why I hate Rudy's philosophy in the second half with the lead. Don't get conservative, put up 60 on a team like Montana. 

Yep....we should have kept on the damn gas! Sure put your backups in......but run your offense.  

• Upvote 1

We needed to run the ball more and milk this clock starting in the third. We literally could have marched into the end zone running the ball on every down. 

I see what Bubba was trying to do. The game was over and he simply wanted to milk the clock and avoid any unneeded injuries. We dont have a true 4th string RB that we can play without taking away eligibility. That’s why we saw Brady and JJ running out the clock instead of Weah. We ran #1 towards the end after getting JJ banged up and he is not the thunder we need on those downs. 

Great win and glad to see we were ready to play from the first down.

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

We needed to run the ball more and milk this clock starting in the third. We literally could have marched into the end zone running the ball on every down. 

I see what Bubba was trying to do. The game was over and he simply wanted to milk the clock and avoid any unneeded injuries. We dont have a true 4th string RB that we can play without taking away eligibility. That’s why we saw Brady and JJ running out the clock instead of Weah. We ran #1 towards the end after getting JJ banged up and he is not the thunder we need on those downs. 

Great win and glad to see we were ready to play from the first down.

If having a 4th string running back is an issue, Gordon can still be given a couple practice reps so he can maybe come in during garbage time like today. 

5 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I wish but I got in at 4:30 this morning and I'm making my family, some of which are bandwagon bison fans, watch the game. I'm doing my part in a small way :wink:

Sorry you couldn't make it but glad you made your Bison kin watch the beatdown!  Hoping for more of the same at the hockey game tonight.

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That 14 really bothers me. Our backups need to step up when they get in. 

Rudy completely turtled once we were up 21-0 on multiple drives. We should have hung 60+ easy today.

It was a true freshman in pretty good position getting beat for 7 if the 14 and a blown coverage.   Siegel is going to be good.  Just a freshman not knowing to get his head around vs college competition.  Both learning g experiences.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, homer said:

It was a true freshman in pretty good position getting beat for 7 if the 14 and a blown coverage.   Siegel is going to be good.  Just a freshman not knowing to get his head around vs college competition.  Both learning g experiences.  

I know. It still bothers me. I wanted the shutout.

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That 14 really bothers me. Our backups need to step up when they get in. 

Rudy completely turtled once we were up 21-0 on multiple drives. We should have hung 60+ easy today.

Between two end zone int and going for it on four downs instead of field goals if we would have executed better we easily would have put up 50+, good thing we didn’t need those points.

the one td with the back ups was a complete fluke so I don’t fault them for that one.