SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Montana Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

36 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Noticed we only have two back to protect our punter. Looks like we need three as you say.

Noticed we had 3 guys on the next punt after the block...Montana only brought one guy up the middle, only one guy attempted to block him and looked like he almost blocked the punt.  Why do we let these rushers come completely untouched up the middle, the closest route to the punter? I've always hated this punt formation, but it's probably because we don't seem to run the blocking all that effectively. 

3 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

Noticed we had 3 guys on the next punt after the block...Montana only brought one guy up the middle, only one guy attempted to block him and looked like he almost blocked the punt.  Why do we let these rushers come completely untouched up the middle, the closest route to the punter? I've always hated this punt formation, but it's probably because we don't seem to run the blocking all that effectively. 

Pretty sure it’s standard to have three back there. I’m nervous every time we punt.

3 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

Situation like this I think it’s a bit of “I thought you had him “

26 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

I've always hated that formation too, but it seems like most all teams are doing it now.   I don't think our players are less intelligent than other teams out there, so to me that means it's not being coached very well.  There must be a stat somewhere on blocked punts, I'm thinking we've had as many blocked in the last 4.5 years as we've had in the previous 10-15 years but maybe it just seems that way.

2 minutes ago, Dustin said:

A game like this can give a team a lot of swagger.  Do (just about) everything the right way, win big, and forge on trying to play that exact same way.

I hope that is what happens!  Go into Sac St. confident....but not over confident.  Play a clean game, execute, and come out with another W. 

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

There is a difference between a selection committee and a media and/or coaches poll. #applesandoranges

The coaches/media poll and the selection committees poll are most years very identical. You'd be fooling yourself if you dont think they use these polls as a "helper" in their decisions.

This isn't hockey with computer rankings.

On 10/14/2018 at 8:06 AM, Mama Sue said:

So a big part of basking in this win is to read the Herald’s article this morning.... I am not so good with technology, granted. And I have minimal use of the capabilities of this iPhone BUT no headlines on the win when I clicked on “Sports” and there were THREE links to Bison Ball. So I searched UND football and found old articles. Then added Griz and got the wonderful article and great comments from staff/players.

Could someone dumb this down for us old folks trying to keep current with technology? I even tried the main page tho king it would be headlines!!! Need to hype up everything about the program....all public and positive info....great win!!

g

Let's not be so hard on the Marcil's/UND football is probably not on their radar.  Give the credit/they were able to put 4-5 Rob Port's whatevers on Sundays editorial pagee