SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Montana Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

8 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

Games like this remind me of some of the muss victories that got him extended... Montana is and was terrible.

Why, because we kicked their butt??  Maybe we are pretty good?   Portland State just beat UNC 35-14 and all UNC's points came in the 4th quarter so perhaps Montana's loss to PSU isn't quite as bad as it seemed.  They turned the ball over a bunch last week, and this week....hard to win when you have 4-5 TO's.  You might be right though....but we will see how Montana finishes the year out.  

10 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Dear Montana,

How does it feel to be banged up, on the road, against a team coming off its bye week?  Not so good now, does it!!  The shots we took in the endzone were purposeful.....wish we would have connected on one to make it 48.  

At least 80% of our posters can quit man crushing on the griz now.  They were overrated, nothing to be scared of.

You called it two weeks ago. I admit I was hoping for a win two weeks ago before their Portland State loss. Were they that !@#!$ though? Did we just get over a hump where the team and coaching staff included learned how to finish off a win? I know they lost a few OL guys but I’m not sure this team is much different from the Idaho State team. 

2 minutes ago, bang said:

I know some people on here talk highly of him but holy crap his success with the special teams is non existent. 

If he is a good recruiter and they want to keep him, maybe give him some other type of assignment.  It sure seems like he doesn't know how to coach punt protection.  Is that 5 blocked punts under him now?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

who has he recruited? 

I don't know, I said IF.  There has to be a reason they are keeping him because his punt protection has been horrible, as well as other issues with the special teams.  I think somebody said he may have been the main person that got the stud recruit from MN in the 2019 class......but I don't know.  

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We had some beautiful pass plays today. Offensive line was awesome. Backs ran hard

That long TD pass to Maag was a beauty....right on the money.  That came right after that great catch by Toivinen that got brought back by the holding call.  I almost thought that could be a turning point when that play got brought back, kind of like when we had the fumble against ISU when we were about to score and went downhill from there.  This time though.....Kett hits that beauty to Maag and we go up 21-0 and keep it rolling.  Sure is nice to be able to able to hit some deep passes like those to keep defenses more honest.  

• Upvote 4

So a big part of basking in this win is to read the Herald’s article this morning.... I am not so good with technology, granted. And I have minimal use of the capabilities of this iPhone BUT no headlines on the win when I clicked on “Sports” and there were THREE links to Bison Ball. So I searched UND football and found old articles. Then added Griz and got the wonderful article and great comments from staff/players.

Could someone dumb this down for us old folks trying to keep current with technology? I even tried the main page tho king it would be headlines!!! Need to hype up everything about the program....all public and positive info....great win!!

g

35 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

So a big part of basking in this win is to read the Herald’s article this morning.... I am not so good with technology, granted. And I have minimal use of the capabilities of this iPhone BUT no headlines on the win when I clicked on “Sports” and there were THREE links to Bison Ball. So I searched UND football and found old articles. Then added Griz and got the wonderful article and great comments from staff/players.

Could someone dumb this down for us old folks trying to keep current with technology? I even tried the main page tho king it would be headlines!!! Need to hype up everything about the program....all public and positive info....great win!!

g

It’s there

you go to sports 

click the “older” button

the football game stories are on page two of the sports

you are right that the herald should prioritize the football stories and put them on page one of the sports section.

:)

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Did our receivers have any dropped passes yesterday? I don’t remember any but missed parts of the game.

There were 2 that were right in the receiver's hands but got knocked out by the DB right along the sideline. Kett had a great game.

11 hours ago, bang said:

You called it two weeks ago. I admit I was hoping for a win two weeks ago before their Portland State loss. Were they that !@#!$ though? Did we just get over a hump where the team and coaching staff included learned how to finish off a win? I know they lost a few OL guys but I’m not sure this team is much different from the Idaho State team. 

Montana is 4-3.  They have their bye week and are likely going to play UC Davis tough after re-grouping. Then 2 wins with Idaho and S Utah, then Montana St.  So I see the most likely scenario of 2-2 for a 6-5 season.  The griz are middle of the pack.  They really lack a big time WR that they normally have.  Either Sneed at QB had an off day or is a pretty average passer.  Anyway, enough about the team that we just kicked their A_s!!

14 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

We won right?  And we kinda dominated too. Geez. What’s with all the negativity!!  Some of you in here could win a million dollars and probably bitch about the suitcase full of cash being too heavy!!  Enjoy the win!!

Exactly. If you want to complain about something, complain about hockey and their 1 goal per game average offense. :0

For at least one weekend, football was the bright spot for UND athletics. #enjoythewins

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3