SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ BSU.......so it begins

Oxbow6

Was anybody surprised by this result? If you wanted to sum up the state of UND hockey, just show them this game, it had everything: (1) Inability to score (2) Awful PP (3) Mediocre Penalty Kill (4) Making the other goalie look like an All-American. Just picking up where they left off last year. 

Berry needs to do a better job coaching and adapt to what is going on.  Nick Jones should not have been taking those offensive zone faceoffs in the last 30 seconds.  He had been losing pretty much every faceoff in the third period.  When someone isn’t getting the job done you cannot put him back out there for critical faceoffs.  Sometimes things aren’t working and the coach has to make adjustments, Berry didn’t and they kept losing the offensive zone faceoffs in the last 30 seconds.  

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Was anybody surprised by this result? If you wanted to sum up the state of UND hockey, just show them this game, it had everything: (1) Inability to score (2) Awful PP (3) Mediocre Penalty Kill (4) Making the other goalie look like an All-American. Just picking up where they left off last year. 

For all the squawking about how they were motivated and driven by missing the playoffs last year, they sure looked like crap today.

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Putting things into perspective.  It’s the first game of the year.  I’d much rather win the last game of the year than the first!!

We won the last game of the year last year.  How did that work out ?

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Yeah because they dontt wanna play as fighting hawks. Put the name back. boom championship. Or even go to north Dakota hockey boom championship. No one wants to skate for und as fighting hawk. 

Holy !@#$ I’m dying inside. I have been laughing for 5 minutes straight. This is exactly it. 18 guys who have never been part of the program as Sioux have decided “we’re not playing for this !@#$. We’re going on protest and !@#$ our futures in hockey because GOD DAMN IT, WE’RE NOT HAWKS!!!”

holy delusional !@#$

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrunkHockeyGuy said:

Holy !@#$ I’m dying inside. I have been laughing for 5 minutes straight. This is exactly it. 18 guys who have never been part of the program as Sioux have decided “we’re not playing for this !@#$. We’re going on protest and !@#$ our futures in hockey because GOD DAMN IT, WE’RE NOT HAWKS!!!”

holy delusional !@#$

He has mastered the art of trolling just as you have.

12 minutes ago, Irish said:

Why can'w we get in some scorers when the likes of St. Clown and Duluth can?  No excuse for this type of showing.  Absolutely no improvement from last year.  

Oh, so the standard isn’t Boston College anymore.  They got shut out by Wisconsin.  Disappointed they couldn’t win, but the next 6 games are going to tell the tale about the potential of this team.

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Oh, so the standard isn’t Boston College anymore.  They got shut out by Wisconsin.  Disappointed they couldn’t win, but the next 6 games are going to tell the tale about the potential of this team.

No, not after last season.  This game was one painful extension of the last season.  I really bought into the Berry spiel about how every game starts at zero etc etc.  Watching us struggle to score is painful, even more so when we are on a "power play".  

1 minute ago, Irish said:

No, not after last season.  This game was one painful extension of the last season.  I really bought into the Berry spiel about how every game starts at zero etc etc.  Watching us struggle to score is painful, even more so when we are on a "power play".  

I share your pain in not having everybody on board tonight, but realize that it is just one game.  Funny you mention Duluth, because Bemidji State has owned them in the past 5-6 years.

Look, I’m not happy about this game. But we have lost a season opener to Bemidji before. (Last time we ran off 10 wins in a row or something after the opening loss -see 14-15 season). Lack of scoring is a concern, but we are not the only team with this struggle to start a season. Who knows if it’ll be a season long struggle or will work itself out over the next few months. I think everyone is still a bit salty over last season. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tnt said:

I share your pain in not having everybody on board tonight, but realize that it is just one game.  Funny you mention Duluth, because Bemidji State has owned them in the past 5-6 years.

Duluth does, however, have a few guys who can put the puck in the net and their power play is far above ours.  No way a program as storied as ours should have a crap power play year after year.