SiouxSports.com Forum

On to the Griz

Nodak78

58 minutes ago, ND1 said:

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-notebook-montana-will-have-new-look-offensive-line-against/article_fa0ec425-57d6-5a6a-9462-3c749a694d3c.html

Looks like their now starting a new center for Saturday as well....my god our defense has to be licking their chops.  

I'm taking the over on Mason getting 2 sacks.

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-notebook-montana-will-have-new-look-offensive-line-against/article_fa0ec425-57d6-5a6a-9462-3c749a694d3c.html

Looks like their now starting a new center for Saturday as well....my god our defense has to be licking their chops.  

Wow, the crowd has a chance to be a HUGE factor.  I expect a good number of false starts, and a few bad snaps.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Wow, the crowd has a chance to be a HUGE factor.  I expect a good number of false starts, and a few bad snaps.  

Crowd needs to be into it (which I admit doesn’t often happen in the Alerus Center unless prompted on 3rd down), but most importantly, UND defense needs to be ready to play! 

Get ‘em going, Bubba and Schmidt!

Sack City grows by several 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I wish I were as confident as people here!  I plan to be there making noise.

I’m confident in the opportunity, not so much in the actual preparation and execution of the team.

I worry the UND offense and special teams will find a way to screw the opportunity up. 

• Upvote 1

Anytime the strength of the opposing team is their front 6 or 7 on defense, it makes me a bit more nervous about our matchup.  If we don't score points, we don't win.  If we don't run the ball, we tend not to score points.

As someone mentioned above, Montana always hits us with a big play or two when we are on defense.  I don't know if we hold them to only 20 but hope I'm wrong.  

9 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

After listening to the podcast, I'd be extremely disappointed if they run the ball with lots of success against us.

Their O line consists of a converted D lineman and 3 walk ons. 

I agree, I suspect Montana will try going to a quick passing game and try to neutralize our d line speed. 

"Easily" beat Montana? I'd suggest listening to the 360 podcast where they interview Colter Nuanez. He's watched every one of their games this year and he predicts the game to be a "pick 'em" type affair with UND winning by a sliver. 

I just want to win. Whether we "boat race" them or beat them by one. I just want to win.