SiouxSports.com Forum

On to Montana

forksandspoons

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I sort of liked some of the penalties. The unnecessary roughness to me shows a team playing angry. We need that edge. Pull it back within the whistles, but keep the edge.

Sometimes roughness is necessary.  I loved Mason Bennett lighting that guy up on the INT!!  It was a close call on the penalty. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

If UND beats Montana or Weber they will get in at 7-4.  Beat them both and they are for sure in at 7-4 but I would suspect they are 8-3 then.

That would mean 1-2 more bad losses though.  The committee has proven in the past that quality losses are more important than quality wins.  Tough to say what would happen at 7-4.  Finish 8-3 and remove the doubt.

If Sam Houston stays in the top 20, that is a very good win on the road.  If Idaho St. continues to win and gets into the top 25, that would not be as bad of a loss as we thought at the time.  Beat Either Montana or Weber St. and end up 7-4 or 8-3, I think we are in.  8-3 for sure, 7-4 on the bubble with some quality wins.  Just can't lose to the bottom of the Big Sky again.

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

If UND beats Montana or Weber they will get in at 7-4.  Beat them both and they are for sure in at 7-4 but I would suspect they are 8-3 then.

If we beat Montana and/or Weber St., and have a 7-4 record, that means we've lost to at least one (and possibly two) teams that aren't making the playoffs (Sac St., Idaho, Portland St., Northern Arizona).  I don't know if it'll be enough in the committee's eyes.  We may as well just go 8-3 or 9-2 and not have to worry about it!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

That would mean 1-2 more bad losses though.  The committee has proven in the past that quality losses are more important than quality wins.  Tough to say what would happen at 7-4.  Finish 8-3 and remove the doubt.

Losing to Weber and NAU or Idaho is not gonna be held against them.  Losing to Portland State would be, which is what happened in 2015 with ISU.

If UND loses to both Montana and Weber State at home at the Alerus Center then UND doesn’t deserve to be in the playoffs.

Period. 

If UND somehow got in after that, UND would just get blown out in the first round. You know, these records are meant to show you deserve to be in the postseason. At 7-4 UND wouldn’t deserve to be in the postseason in my opinion.

The 2015 7-4 situation was different as it had “quality wins” but also had “bad loses”. So far UND’s only potential “bad loss” is Idaho State, but so far so good.

52 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So far UND’s only potential “bad loss” is Idaho State, but so far so good.

Idaho State is 3-1 with their only loss to Cal.

Yeah, one win is over a DII. If they keep playing the way they are I could see them at 7-4. 

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3421&s=300937