SiouxSports.com Forum

On To UNC

geaux_sioux

We all need to move on to Northern Colorado or we’ll get stuck in this negative death spiral for eternity. The season is, in fact, not over. We can still make the playoffs. UNC is a pretty good that will test us. It’ll come down to sacking their qb. In the past we have been able to absolutely murder their qbs and handle them pretty well. Let’s hope we can do the same this week. They played USD tough and their game with Weber was tight until late in the game. Not sure if they’re better than Idaho St since we’re the only comparable opponent for the Bengals so far but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were as good or better. Hopefully that stoner dipshit shows up again, he’s fun to make fun of. Let’s eat bear meat this week.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely, time to move on. For anyone who will be there in person we are setting up a tailgate again. Look for a green Sioux flag. Unfortunately no grilled duck and Premium Grainbelt this year as my annual Nodak week is not until mid October. Stop by as we will have beers and plenty of food. Come early, the game is at Noon MTN.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

We all need to move on to Northern Colorado or we’ll get stuck in this negative death spiral for eternity. The season is, in fact, not over. We can still make the playoffs. UNC is a pretty good that will test us. It’ll come down to sacking their qb. In the past we have been able to absolutely murder their qbs and handle them pretty well. Let’s hope we can do the same this week. They played USD tough and their game with Weber was tight until late in the game. Not sure if they’re better than Idaho St since we’re the only comparable opponent for the Bengals so far but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were as good or better. Hopefully that stoner dipshit shows up again, he’s fun to make fun of. Let’s eat bear meat this week.

He has already been here on the ISU gameday thread. He will show up. 

Also, UNCBEarguy, I know you are reading this. I challenge you to show up at my tailgate this Saturday to have a respectful conversation. I doubt you will because you strike me as the type who wants to fight the second you hear something you don't agree with. 

After watching the Vikings debacle yesterday, it made me feel a little bit better - good teams can have bad games, even at home.  While it would have been nice to have the Homecoming/Potato Bowl/Biggest crowd of the season feather in the cap, the season is not lost.  Not sure what the end goal of this season is (depends on who you ask, I suppose), but some of the goals are definitely achievable.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Call me crazy but I want to see 3 wr sets with Greibel in the slot with Izzy/Cam and Wanzek/Maag out wide. 

Or, call me really crazy, we go trips with Cam, Wanzek, and Toivonen and throw a quick screen to Cam with the big boys blocking. 

Whoa, take it easy. You’re using logic. That kind of thought doesn’t belong with the UND offense. 

41 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Call me crazy but I want to see 3 wr sets with Greibel in the slot with Izzy/Cam and Wanzek/Maag out wide. 

Or, call me really crazy, we go trips with Cam, Wanzek, and Toivonen and throw a quick screen to Cam with the big boys blocking. 

Is using personnel that will challenge the opposing defense and create mismatches allowed?  

Our tackling on defense cant get worse.  Backup QB.....bring the heat, but dont let guys hurdle you and go 70 yards.....