SiouxSports.com Forum

UND- Idaho State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

10 hours ago, Cratter said:

"The Alerus Center hires a third-party company to pick up the trash after tailgating."

I'll call it economic development.

Of course they do. Why would they invest in the equipment for something that is needed 5-6x per year? 

Bigger issue seems like there weren't enough garbage cans again (despite saying they doubled the amount). They need to make more of an effort to put the large ones in the student area and everywhere for that matter instead of hoping people come get them from where they have them lined up. Wind didn't help matters either, but whatever. Something for people to complain about. Everyone near us seemed to go out of their way to clean up their area.

31 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Thought it was a 4* recruit.

Possibly on a few of the recruiting services. Either way, point stands that he was a huge get for the MBB team.

9 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I know they need more bathrooms tailgating, even though I didn't tailgate, because as I was walking in to the stadium...a guy asks "are you security?"...."yeah" the other replied...."There's a person trying to break into the Verizon tower to pee."

The porta potty lines were a solid 30 deep.  I went into the Alerus convention area to use the bathroom.

You should have seen the drunks at the Jimmy Buffett/Eagles concert! People did not remember how to latch the “Open/In Use” so everyone opened the doors and the people waiting in line got a “Full Meal Deal.” They were also too drunk to recognize when some vacat d a porta potty so some sat empty.... interesting evening!

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Bigger issue seems like there weren't enough garbage cans again (despite saying they doubled the amount). They need to make more of an effort to put the large ones in the student area and everywhere for that matter instead of hoping people come get them from where they have them lined up. Wind didn't help matters either, but whatever. Something for people to complain about. Everyone near us seemed to go out of their way to clean up their area.

There were more than enough garbage cans.  The only real mess (and it was a solid layer of garbage) was in the student tailgate section.  It almost seems like they go out of their way to make a mess.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

There were more than enough garbage cans.  The only real mess (and it was a solid layer of garbage) was in the student tailgate section.  It almost seems like they go out of their way to make a mess.  

I guess we'll have to disagree. They also leave them piled up towards the front and for the most part expect people to come get their own but don't convey that message. They also use to have the huge gray garbage carts, similar to what's near the entrances. put about 8 of those in the student section and my guess there would be some improvement. However, some own't care and continue to just throw their trash on the ground.

12 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I stood in line at the porta-potty’s for a good 40 minutes. Had a girl puke a couple behind me and play it off as if nothing happened. I glanced back once and could hear her saying “the adults are judging us”. I just graduated college, no one has ever called me an adult!

#sorryIdidn’tmakeit

#oldfuddieduddieIguess

On 9/25/2018 at 3:47 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Goon and his stupid pill again.  Mafia man seems to take it too.  Never said UND will be a force in the P5, but in the G5 it could be quite competitive.  Idaho won a bowl game almost 18 months ago by golly, gave the Sun Belt and MWC teams fits and it still has mostly FBS players doing horribly against FCS schools.

Wow. 

obbession.jpg

20 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I guess we'll have to disagree. They also leave them piled up towards the front and for the most part expect people to come get their own but don't convey that message. They also use to have the huge gray garbage carts, similar to what's near the entrances. put about 8 of those in the student section and my guess there would be some improvement. However, some own't care and continue to just throw their trash on the ground.

There was a full size dumpster at the edge of the student area near the toilets.  Plenty of room in it based on what i could see when driving out of the parking lot.  It was easier to throw their cans on the ground so they did it.

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Where was 24 on ISU's last TD.  Laying on the turf after making a weak attempt at slapping the WR's ankle.

And yes, the fumble by 5 changed the game. What should've been 21-6 was instead 14-13.  I'd put more blame on 8 turning the wrong way and then tossing the ball at 5.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

There was a full size dumpster at the edge of the student area near the toilets.  Plenty of room in it based on what i could see when driving out of the parking lot.  It was easier to throw their cans on the ground so they did it.

Don't disagree, which is why the Alerus Center needs to spread them out instead of putting them just on the edges. I do agree, a lot will probably throw them on the ground regardless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Idaho State has been flying the fb team commercially.   Did that mean they flew out of Salt Lake and bused from Minneapolis for the UND game?  Pocatello has limited flights with puddle jumpers.  The closest airport with commercial jet service is Idaho Falls, sixty miles away.  Salt Lake is a couple of hours.

An upcoming game in Portland, the team would have to divide between flights to and from Boise and Salt Lake taking individuals buses from and to Pocatello.  The interim AD has now switched to a charter plane.

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/local/satterlee-thiros-in-running-for-isu-s-permanent-athletic-director/article_12043eda-1f8a-505a-913c-1c8efd13b0c7.html