SiouxSports.com Forum

UND- Idaho State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

That is why I think Kennedy and Chaves will pursue FBS with regional flagships, but your buddies MafiaMan and Goon will be opposed to every FBS step.

Dude, put the hookah pipe down. UND isn't going FBS football. UND isn't a top team in FCS, why would they move up. Makes no sense what-so-ever. 

44 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

MM has a man crush on me. Goon's cool.

The fact that Montana won't even consider FBS says something from a regional standpoint. No one wants to be the next Wyoming.

Thank for adding a voice of reason to the discussion. 

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

That is why I think Kennedy and Chaves will pursue FBS with regional flagships, but your buddies MafiaMan and Goon will be opposed to every FBS step.

Flash forward to SiouxSports.com in 2077 when the University of North Dakota announces that it will move to FBS in 2080...

SiouxVolley post:  YOU HEARD IT FROM ME FIRST!  I TOLD YOU WERE WERE GOIN’ FBS!

17 minutes ago, Goon said:

SiouxVolley and his red pill. 

Goon and his stupid pill again.  Mafia man seems to take it too.  Never said UND will be a force in the P5, but in the G5 it could be quite competitive.  Idaho won a bowl game almost 18 months ago by golly, gave the Sun Belt and MWC teams fits and it still has mostly FBS players doing horribly against FCS schools.

20 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So give Frost 3 to 4 years to prove it but give Bubba 10 or 11 years? C'mon man, your double standards are killing me. 

How did you quote that and come up with me giving Bubba a pass for 10 or 11 years.  You might want to go back and try it again.  

On 9/24/2018 at 1:00 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Not disagreeing but UND FB and/or MBB will never be on the "national stage" either. A NCCA MBB tournament berth for a game is a fleeting blip on the national radar.

MBB tourney birth >>>>>> x100 MH or FB tourney birth

its not even a close comparison in viewership or national coverage especially if they win in the first round 

56 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Okay, 9 years.

So you still can't read, all I said was we need at least a few more weeks not years because this season is far from over.  It isn't like last year which was a lost cause early on.  If the staff and players can clean up the play they can still be a very good team and have a good year.  We will see what happens over the next few games.  

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, mooncountry said:

Gets me thinking... Lennon did jack squat at SIU... And his assistants? Let’s just say that experiment is down to the last strike.

Really makes you wonder how much of the success at D2 was a product of D2 at the time or due to the coaches? 

Lennon has kinda lost his luster....I’va always wondered how much credit should have been given to Roger Thomas. He seemed to have the drive.....

I am in the camp of not giving RT much credit.  Unless you are crediting him with the fact we stopped playing NDSU in football.  Lennon seemed to change his philosophy when he took the job at SIU and it really didn't work out well for him.  He was winning close games at UND and losing the same type of games at SIU.

On 9/24/2018 at 2:00 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Not disagreeing but UND FB and/or MBB will never be on the "national stage" either. A NCCA MBB tournament berth for a game is a fleeting blip on the national radar.

On 9/24/2018 at 2:34 PM, MafiaMan said:

The SiouxSports.com Spelling Committee gives you bonus points for not using "birth" in this instance.  

#NextUpThey'reTheirThere

3 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

MBB tourney birth >>>>>> x100 MH or FB tourney birth

@geaux_sioux