SiouxSports.com Forum

ISU @ UND Predictions

GoHawks

5 minutes ago, Feff said:

The defense performed well against SHSU and previously against UW, they are not my concern despite ISU's reliance on the quick passing game. I think there will be adjustments there. My concern is the offense. With some of the weapons that UND has, especially at RB, we should be able to put up numbers and chew up clock. That's only happened in spurts so far this year. This needs to be a statement game for the offense following some success in Texas last week.

ISU has some big DL. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re able to force us to pass to soften them up. I hope that’s the case too, it would provide a good test.

Here is what I'd like to see in this game

1. We control the majority of the game and win by comfortable margin

2. No injuries

3. More of the quick WR's starting to see the field to get some experience and hopefully some more big plays.  Start to give opposing defensive coordinators more to think about. 

4.  Place kicker getting a few more opportunities for 40 ish yard field goals and making a couple to increase his confidence.  We will need some of those at some point this year to win games. 

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Here is what I'd like to see in this game

1. We control the majority of the game and win by comfortable margin

2. No injuries

3. More of the quick WR's starting to see the field to get some experience and hopefully some more big plays.  Start to give opposing defensive coordinators more to think about

4.  Place kicker getting a few more opportunities for 40 ish yard field goals and making a couple to increase his confidence.  We will need some of those at some point this year to win games. 

Agrees. Lets see Izzy, McKinney and Greibel out there and see what they can do with the speed they have.

First off, I do think Idaho State has a quality team, that being said is UND a good team or not?

UND 31-17

Two years ago, the defense was very opportunistic, made tons of big plays, but they were terrible at covering the quick pass play. Starting last week, I'm starting to become very confident in this secondary. We'll see how it plays out, but I really like this group. 

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

I have a lot of confidence in our defense.

I also have a lot of confidence in our defense. Offense has come a long ways from start of fall camp, especially the OL and receivers. Special teams still seem to have that capability of completely breaking down on any given play, yet, haven't cost us a game this season - knock on wood.

I like our coaches, think they really call the plays as to who dresses for each game, and one has to understand that our depth really plays into this - especially when some 2 & 3 deep players are in the game when it starts. Like I said last week, the Sam Houston game will show us a lot about our coaches, so should this game as we are playing a homecoming game against a non ranked team, who recently has played us tough.

Of note: At least on this board, coaches are not getting as many arrows shot at them, and should be even less next week.

Comments in this post are mostly about the coaches. Sure, the players have to get the job done on the field, and today would be a good day to come out to the Hawks' Nest and watch that happen!

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I also have a lot of confidence in our defense. Offense has come a long ways from start of fall camp, especially the OL and receivers. Special teams still seem to have that capability of completely breaking down on any given play, yet, haven't cost us a game this season - knock on wood.

I like our coaches, think they really call the plays as to who dresses for each game, and one has to understand that our depth really plays into this - especially when some 2 & 3 deep players are in the game when it starts. Like I said last week, the Sam Houston game will show us a lot about our coaches, so should this game as we are playing a homecoming game against a non ranked team, who recently has played us tough.

Of note: At least on this board, coaches are not getting as many arrows shot at them, and should be even less next week.

Comments in this post are mostly about the coaches. Sure, the players have to get the job done on the field, and today would be a good day to come out to the Hawks' Nest and watch that happen!

Agreed, the coaching staff stepped up as much as the players did last week. Rudy in particular. The key now is to continue that type of effort and play calling and not step back into old form.