SiouxSports.com Forum

Idaho State

F'n Hawks

7 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

We need to keep an eye on the Gueller brothers.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/phillies/A-former-Phillies-1st-round-pick-is-now-playing-college-football-Mitch-Gueller.html?arc404=true

Mitch had 6 catches for 156 yards and a TD against California.

%&$#-:)@ws.  Would let me edit so quoted and fixed the post.

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Cannot afford a loss here.  Need to take care of business and make this a quick game.

If UND plays up to their capability, they should win comfortably. 

Do not take a step back after taking a nice step forward. 

Would be nice to finally win a game early and let some backups play. I was hoping to see that against MVSU, but I will go with the team was shaking off some rust, and adjusting to a lot of new faces. Didn't really expect to see that against Washington or SHSU, so hopefully we can get a nice convincing win, and play some back ups. I think that would set a tone of confidence on the team, and with the fans, and would help solidify poll spots.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Cannot afford a loss here.  Need to take care of business and make this a quick game.

If UND plays up to their capability, they should win comfortably. 

Do not take a step back after taking a nice step forward. 

Exactly.  Happened after the Wyoming win in 2015.  Came home with a puffed out chest, but left the Alerus with tails between legs after just squeaking by Drake.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

He friggin' better be since the SOLE reason why we are having Homecoming and Potato Bowl on the same weekend this year is because of Phil. 

We moved up homecoming to accommodate him, combining the 2 biggest gates into one game.

Would also be nice to see him make a significant financial contribution to UND at some point.

A big fat check to cover phase 2-5?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Would be nice to finally win a game early and let some backups play. I was hoping to see that against MVSU, but I will go with the team was shaking off some rust, and adjusting to a lot of new faces. Didn't really expect to see that against Washington or SHSU, so hopefully we can get a nice convincing win, and play some back ups. I think that would set a tone of confidence on the team, and with the fans, and would help solidify poll spots.

I see NDSU got in playing time for their heir apparent at quarterback with the new rule that you can keep your redshirt and still play up to four games.  It doesn't really apply to us this year with Boltman already using his redshirt, but it is an interesting dilemma if he hadn't.  You almost certainly have to get reps for the next guy in line, and ideally that would be the heir apparent,  but if it was a Senior that is going to take over in case of injury it could cloud the issue a bit because  it certainly would  be nice to see how a young guy reacts in game situations, especially if he is considered to be your future.  

1 hour ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

He friggin' better be since the SOLE reason why we are having Homecoming and Potato Bowl on the same weekend this year is because of Phil. 

We moved up homecoming to accommodate him, combining the 2 biggest gates into one game.

Would also be nice to see him make a significant financial contribution to UND at some point.

What is this now?