SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Sam Houston Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

I really like to see passes out of the backfield to our RB. Establishing the run has really opened the options and Rudy is slowly figuring that out. I think we abandoned the run too much in the game. Hell we averaged god per carry. The only short runs were Santiago. JJ and Oliveira pounded the rock for over 4 yards every attempt.

Just now, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Their first TD was complete BS. If you pause the replay from the least shotty camera angle you can clearly see a knee, if not both and an elbow down when his feet are still on the 2.5 yard line. Unless he freakishly long arms, there’s no way that ball was across the line. I think it would be debatable if it was even across the 1 yard line honestly. It’s not even close. 

Sure they won won but it still makes me mad. They never seem to get those calls 

That PI was also killer when we in no way interfered with their receiver. That was a big play and greatly affected momentum. Best thing is this team persevered and now we don’t have to worry about excuses.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

We've got a ton of guards on our roster. We barely have any real tackles.

Length is key at tackle but I don't know the roster well enough to really have a strong opinion.  Some guys and good enough to play outside without needed the length.  

1 minute ago, BigGame said:

Length is key at tackle but I don't know the roster well enough to really have a strong opinion.  Some guys and good enough to play outside without needed the length.  

Nguon can hang on the edge even though he's got a guard body. Jenkins, Russo, Waletzko, and Mortel are our tackle body types. Jenkins got moved to guard which means he probably doesn't move well enough. Russo isn't strong enough yet. Waletzko is a mountain but still green. Mortel is solid. 

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Nguon can hang on the edge even though he's got a guard body. Jenkins, Russo, Waletzko, and Mortel are our tackle body types. Jenkins got moved to guard which means he probably doesn't move well enough. Russo isn't strong enough yet. Waletzko is a mountain but still green. Mortel is solid. 

Russo and Mortel didnt play and we just got the dub in SH after like 21 consecutive wins at home so I dont see a problem with the line

16 minutes ago, MrMcnoingam69 said:

Russo and Mortel didnt play and we just got the dub in SH after like 21 consecutive wins at home so I dont see a problem with the line

Prairie View A&M ran for over 200 against SHSU. Great win tonight, but still plenty of improvements to make. 

• Like 1