SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SHSU predictions

GoHawks

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

31-19 Sam

Special teams will be atrocious. Rudy will call 30 runs between the tackles. Harris won't be putting any of his highlight clips from today in his future DVD to NFL scouts.

2 games in, he’s already on a lot of other guys highlight clips...Do those count? 

I feel confident in UNDs run game and their run defense but I think this will play out as a big shoot out and The Kats are far more experienced and skilled in that category. Kett will keep us in it but our DBs will have their hands full. 

42-27 Kats (und missed PAT) 

14 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

These damn predictions ...

Obviously Sam Houston State is favored as they should be, so we have half the people on here being “realistic” and picking SHSU.

Upsets happen every week in college football and I have no money on the game: GO UND FIGHTING HAWKS - GET THE WIN!

If we can stick a big hit on their QB, and/or if Dare has another day like he did last week, we have a chance.  Sam H. QB had 168 yards and 2 picks last week.  Briscoe would throw for 150 yards a quarter last year for Sam H.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

If we can stick a big hit on their QB, and/or if Dare has another day like he did last week, we have a chance.  Sam H. QB had 168 yards and 2 picks last week.  Briscoe would throw for 150 yards a quarter last year for Sam H.

Wouldn’t it be great if we for once could talk about our offense possibly winning the game for UND? Damn offense is so poorly run.

But I agree with you completely. UND wins this game only if Schmidt’s defense gets some sacks and especially some turnovers (strip sacks, interceptions).

UND’s poorly run offense can’t do it on their own; no creativity or competitive gameplanning at all on that side of the ball.

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Our backup QB, Ty Brock, 6'4" 210lbs, is probably a better passer than our starting QB, Mike Dare.   Ty Brock was a 3 Star QB recruit by Rivals.com, 247 Sports.com and Scout.com, and was the 11th rated QB in the State of Texas, and 67th nationally, coming out of high school.    This kid has a rocket for an arm!

29 minutes ago, The Pod said:

Our backup QB, Ty Brock, 6'4" 210lbs, is probably a better passer than our starting QB, Mike Dare.   Ty Brock was a 3 Star QB recruit by Rivals.com, 247 Sports.com and Scout.com, and was the 11th rated QB in the State of Texas, and 67th nationally, coming out of high school.    This kid has a rocket for an arm!

I don't think Gundy was saying we need to injure or knock Dare out of the game, but rattle him so he's uncomfortable.

• Upvote 1

Hopeful prediction:  UND 31-28

Realistic prediction: SHSU 35-21

I’m not saying they can’t do it (see hopeful prediction), but playing a ranked, perennial playoff team on the road would be a major feat for an unproven team (see realistic prediction).  For the sake of the season and current state of the program, a win today would go a looooooooong ways. 

Heart:

UND              35

SHSU            28

debby downer:

At halftime:

UND defense 10   (pick 6 and d gets another turnover that results in a FG... I know, I know)

SHSU.              17

defense gets worn down in 2nd half

UND.                 17   (Rudy turns 'em loose when down by 3 TD's and gets one)

SHSU.               38