SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba and his band of coaches

Meat man 01

How many other ones think that Bubba and his band of coaches are not ready to take you ND football team up & Beyond division 2 play they will never be able to compete against the bison or other teams if they don't start to play and get better recruits time to move on and build a better team with coaches

5 minutes ago, Meat man 01 said:

How many other ones think that Bubba and his band of coaches are not ready to take you ND football team up & Beyond division 2 play they will never be able to compete against the bison or other teams if they don't start to play and get better recruits time to move on and build a better team with coaches

All because we lost to #9 Washington? Your point is valid if we lose 45-3 to Sam Houston or maybe even a MAC team but we played a power 5 conference title favorite, sorry but the likes of the Bison or SDSU is not on the same level as Washington.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Irish said:

- I'm not reading this as a reaction to losing to Washington.  This is Bubba's fifth year and a legit question.  What we have learned so far this year is that Bubba is Bubba and probably will not change a lot.  So .... can we take the next step?

Pro's - stopped the sideline dancing and has instilled a better work ethic, worked hard to improve the game day experience.  Other than last year has generally improved the defense.  Tied for a Big Sky conf. Championship - has recruited some talented players.  

Cons - Has given us perhaps the worst O coordinator I have seen in my 50 years as a fan and refuses to change.  Immediately after winning the Big Sky, pisses away our first home playoff game in ages with perhaps the worst overall coaching job I have ever seen in the second half of the game.  Failure to adequately recruit the QB position - Studs was a gamer for sure and one tough cookie but still - last year we had a 4th year starter who couldn't throw downfield, locked on to a receiver, and had trouble throwing a screen pass.  We need a good QB recruit every year.  Has not shown the ability to recruit and keep O linemen -  In a Bubbaworld O linemen are the key to our team.  Has not recruited talented receivers (we had better skills here during our D-2 days) - Has shown almost no ability to adjust in general, but especially during the game.  Special teams are pathetic - our lack of coverage is frustrating and lack of kickers may be a season breaker.  

In summary - when we evaluate Bubba we need to take his assistants too as he has shown he will never make changes.  He will always remain the guy who thinks "if we punt from here we can really put them back".  In my mind it's playoffs or bust this year.  

You nailed it.    I fully agree, Bubba absolutely can't recruit.  Muss, for all his problems got better players to come here.    A couple months ago I blasted for being too negative about Bubba's lack of quality commits,  but the lack of success is very apparent.  

Playoffs or bust is right, but I really think by this stage of the game we should have the expectations of a playoff win as well.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

You nailed it.    I fully agree, Bubba absolutely can't recruit.  Muss, for all his problems got better players to come here.    A couple months ago I blasted for being too negative about Bubba's lack of quality commits,  but the lack of success is very apparent.  

Playoffs or bust is right, but I really think by this stage of the game we should have the expectations of a playoff win as well.

Mussman had some high end guys mixed in with some flunkies. We had no depth at a lot of spots under him. 

11 hours ago, Meat man 01 said:

Champions in one of the best FCS conferences in Year #3..........…

8 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Champions in one of the best FCS conferences in Year #3..........…

Sorry, but this thread is for those who do NOT want to see any good signs about Bubba and who actually hope this season sucks so there's an excuse to fire him.

Que the "horrible 2nd half loss to Richmond" reminders in 3...2...1