Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Washington Game Day Thread


SiouxFan100
 Share

Recommended Posts

Wow ...

UND loses 45-3 today but according to some, since it was against an overrated FBS team, UND played just fine ...

Not to mention people are again targeting me for being critical of a 42 point loss. 

Again wow, what a bunch of delusional losers on this board that UND football has for “fans”.

Hope the inevitably different attitude from UND next week against an FCS opponent leads to a UND win. We should definitely be to able to win at the line of scrimmage; as for UND pass offense and pass defense, we’ll see ......

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Props to Santiago, the run defense, and offensive line today.

No props to the kicker and Bubba's decision to not go for the fourth down.  That was a momentum killer and showed he wasn't there to win the game. 

The latter comment is really burning me up.  That was unacceptable coaching, imo.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have to agree with all the negativity on Bubba's decision not to go on that first 4th down and 1. You're at mid-field, you've put together some positive plays, and you're playing against a big time school. No one is expecting you to win, all odds are predicting a blow out, what exactly do you have to lose going for it there? Field position? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quarter back play for the game weak spot he looked scared in the pocket and missed a lot of open receivers if he would have looked. It appeared to me he had hard time reading defense and knowing where to look for the open receiver. Also we never looked for anything deeper in the passing game. Defense looked good up front until they wore down in last quarter. Difference was there quickness at wide receiver and running backs on pass plays we had hard time keeping up to them. Punting game was acceptable but field goal kicker looks to be work in process. I think he will become more reliable kicker but asking a lot of freshman kicker. Overall not terrible loss but could have been much closer game if the offense and kicking could have performed a better to give defense some rest. I believe they learned a lot about themselves today and what they need to improve on. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

 

Not to mention people are again targeting me for being critical of a 42 point loss. 

Again wow, what a bunch of delusional losers on this board that UND football has for “fans”.

 

Hey Mister Sensitivity, honest question so we can understand you better. Did you play or coach college ball, DI, DIi, NAIA, or any level. Seriously not a knock, just an honest question. Perhaps if we understand you background and expertise we can understand your posts a bit better. You may have lot more experience on these things that we give you credit for. Obviously Gundy and Geausiux have played and most respect their insight, and they generally speak the truth without too much Kelly green glasses. You honestly may have more experience etc. that we are not aware of. Perhaps if you share that we wont be as critical.  

Go

Signed "Jason" aka delusional loser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Hey Mister Sensitivity, honest question so we can understand you better. Did you play or coach college ball, DI, DIi, NAIA, or any level. Seriously not a knock, just an honest question. Perhaps if we understand you background and expertise we can understand your posts a bit better. You may have lot more experience on these things that we give you credit for. Obviously Gundy and Geausiux have played and most respect their insight, and they generally speak the truth without too much Kelly green glasses. You honestly may have more experience etc. that we are not aware of. Perhaps if you share that we wont be as critical.  

Go

Signed "Jason" aka delusional loser

Played and coached high school football; no college. I have spoke to quite a few college coaches at high school football clinics over the years (including both UND and NDSU clinics) and I am a UND alumnus. That's about it, so I'm pretty armchair you could say. Hope that helps you, I guess. 

GO UND!

Just as we expected; week 1 good, week 2 bad. Week 3 will likely set the tone for the remainder of the season. Beat the Bearkats!!! GO HAWKS!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To those who say that the offensive issues yesterday were on the QB remember who the HC and OC are.......their favorite play calls are off tackle and punt. Then remember most of our WRs could not beat me and MM in a 40 if we were hooked up for a 3 legged race. I guess the QB had the TE as an opti.......... nevermind that one. He's way better than most are giving him credit for. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Und will go no where with this %#^£*^ digit as an OC.  He has had 5 YEARS to make some resemblance of an offense and has failed miserably.  Half a decade and the same crap results. 

The D looks to be very capable.  They can only be on the field so long before tiring.   My hat goes off to them.  

As much as I love bubba he is walking a fine line.  First, he’s ok with Rudy being here?????  Cannot understand that.  Second ...he needs to coach to win games ....not to try and keep it close. Wrong mentality  

Special teams was my main concern entering the season .  They will be a hit and miss all year. Way to young.  Leach is playing scared and unsure.  He needs to hit the reset button in his head immediately.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Wow ...

UND loses 45-3 today but according to some, since it was against an overrated FBS team, UND played just fine ...

Not to mention people are again targeting me for being critical of a 42 point loss. 

Again wow, what a bunch of delusional losers on this board that UND football has for “fans”.

Hope the inevitably different attitude from UND next week against an FCS opponent leads to a UND win. We should definitely be to able to win at the line of scrimmage; as for UND pass offense and pass defense, we’ll see ......

 

Gawd you're an idiot.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We obviously have some things to work on but I am proud of the way this team competed for three quarters. The D ran out of gas in the 4th. From what i can tell this team isn't down on themselves and is ready to play to win next week. 

Also, might make sense to get the young kicker to a sports psychologist right away. Kid needs to mentally reset as someone pointed out above.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Und will go no where with this %#^£*^ digit as an OC.  He has had 5 YEARS to make some resemblance of an offense and has failed miserably.  Half a decade and the same crap results. 

The D looks to be very capable.  They can only be on the field so long before tiring.   My hat goes off to them.  

As much as I love bubba he is walking a fine line.  First, he’s ok with Rudy being here?????  Cannot understand that.  Second ...he needs to coach to win games ....not to try and keep it close. Wrong mentality  

Special teams was my main concern entering the season .  They will be a hit and miss all year. Way to young.  Leach is playing scared and unsure.  He needs to hit the reset button in his head immediately.  

 

About Rudy...when is his contract up? Is there money to replace him? If our offense struggle this year he has to be gone, and if we can’t get 7 wins it may be time to clean house once again including Bubba. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Played and coached high school football; no college. I have spoke to quite a few college coaches at high school football clinics over the years (including both UND and NDSU clinics) and I am a UND alumnus. That's about it, so I'm pretty armchair you could say. Hope that helps you, I guess. 

GO UND!

Just as we expected; week 1 good, week 2 bad. Week 3 will likely set the tone for the remainder of the season. Beat the Bearkats!!! GO HAWKS!

Since the subject has been opened, is your coaching experience as a head coach?  level?  record?   Don't want to pry or embarrass, but to hold yourself up as resident expert seems to call for some clarity.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

That adds a whole lot to this conversation. 

So him ranting the same thing over and over adds to the conversation?  It's like discussing something with a person that just yells the same point over and over and over again.  He is super negative and that is fine but the repetition of his same over the top negative points is beyond annoying.   I am not saying he doesn't make some good points on occasion but I really only need to read them once or twice.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...