SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Washington Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Since the subject has been opened, is your coaching experience as a head coach?  level?  record?   Don't want to pry or embarrass, but to hold yourself up as resident expert seems to call for some clarity.

How about you ignore me and I’ll call it even and happily ignore you?

I’m not applying for !@#$ on this website so I’ll keep the remainder of my CV concealed. 

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Wanna know how terrible our offense is?

A3519195-D51B-4625-A2BD-7A50696B288A.png

I’m sure someone here at rainbowsandunicorns.com can find the positive takeaways of that game for Mississippi Valley...someone get those kids some sprinkles on their post-game ice cream!

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

About Rudy...when is his contract up? Is there money to replace him? If our offense struggle this year he has to be gone, and if we can’t get 7 wins it may be time to clean house once again including Bubba. 

Assistant coaches are typically on 1 year contracts. 

• Upvote 1

Santiago was second on the team in receiving with only one reception, be earning yards after the catch.  This guy needs more receptions for us to be successful.  Sick of our receivers catching the ball and getting tackled right away.  17 receptions for 101 yards is pathetic.  Izzy needs to see the field more.  And was it covered anywhere why Brady Oliveira got shafted?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Milford torgerson said:

I’m not happy with Kett’s performance but I’ll give him one more game to prove he can be a team leader-manager.  ‘

For sure.  I am a little bothered at the moment but week #3 is 'thee' zero excuse measuring stick game of the 2018 season.  Especially a close watch on Rudy(scheme), Rudy and Bubba (use of personell), Bubba (in game management) Schmitty (stop, or at least slow a passing attack) Kostich (good luck buddy, kicker and punting situation is not good)  Recruiting coordinator (Joel) WTF!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

For sure.  I am a little bothered at the moment but week #3 is 'thee' zero excuse measuring stick game of the 2018 season.  Especially a close watch on Rudy(scheme), Rudy and Bubba (use of personell), Bubba (in game management) Schmitty (stop, or at least slow a passing attack) Kostich (good luck buddy, kicker and punting situation is not good)  Recruiting coordinator (Joel) WTF!!

Agreed. I think we’re all going to be watching this game like Hawks.... pun sort of intended.

Has the negativity surrounding Toivonen always been a thing? I haven't really been able to watch either game this year and have kind of wiped last year out of my memory but I just remember him coming in there was a bit of a buzz surrounding him. I do realize he isn't the fastest but I also don't remember all the negativity. I do however agree it doesn't make much sense to have Maag, Toivonen and Wanzek as our only 3 WRs out there at once.

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Santiago was second on the team in receiving with only one reception, be earning yards after the catch.  This guy needs more receptions for us to be successful.  Sick of our receivers catching the ball and getting tackled right away.  17 receptions for 101 yards is pathetic.  Izzy needs to see the field more.  And was it covered anywhere why Brady Oliveira got shafted?

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down egghead!  We’re gonna need to review your football qualifications before you’re allowed to write that sort of analysis here!  

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Ya, please pass the crow on Greer, that guy played his a_s off at a high level.  And sometimes, that's what a drop in the depth chart can do, light a fire!!

Kett was a disappointment.  Keaton elevated against Utah.  Kett clammed up.  

I was a little tough on Stevie G (in my Own little world) also. Save me a bight or two of that bird will ya?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Has the negativity surrounding Toivonen always been a thing? I haven't really been able to watch either game this year and have kind of wiped last year out of my memory but I just remember him coming in there was a bit of a buzz surrounding him. I do realize he isn't the fastest but I also don't remember all the negativity. I do however agree it doesn't make much sense to have Maag, Toivonen and Wanzek as our only 3 WRs out there at once.

That's been somewhat surprising to me as well. He's likely the least athletic of the big 3, but I don't mind that he plays as Maag gets more acclimated to college ball. With that said, those 3 should rarely be the only 3 WRs on the field. 

24 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

He’s tall. That’s a plus. He runs decent routes. He drops easy balls every game. He’s the slowest non OL on the offense and struggles to separate from any competent DB. I have higher expectations than that.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

I was a little tough on Stevie G (in my Own little world) also. Save me a bight or two of that bird will ya?

Gundy and I both earned multiple birds each on this one.... it’s like thanksgiving out here. FWIW I’ll gladly eat piles of crow if it means one of our players starts to perform, looking at you Toivonen and Leach.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

He’s tall. That’s a plus. He runs decent routes. He drops easy balls every game. He’s the slowest non OL on the offense and struggles to separate from any competent DB. I have higher expectations than that.

FWIW, I can never tell the difference between Toivonen and Wanzek. 

my favortie thing about yesterdays game was that late in a playoff game against a tired ass defense rudy chooses to do a triple reverse (when brady was getting 9 yards  a gash)....in a game where you know you are gonna struggle to score i don't think we attempted one trick play at all?????????

rudy

• Upvote 2