SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Washington Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

First off a huge tip of the cap to Steve Greer. He played his ass off yesterday and was disruptive all game. I’ve !@#$ on him in the past for not putting on enough weight and for being barely just a warm body even though I had expectations for him coming out of hs. He earned my respect yesterday and I hope he keeps it up all season.

The front seven was for real yesterday. Would have liked to see more than just pressure though. We need to actually get home and lay the wood on the qb. 

The secondary was outclassed for most of the game. Harris moves better this week but still seems to be a liability. Blubaugh looks much improved from last year and has some dog in him, hopefully he can start to find the ball in the air now as he still struggles down field.

Overall, the d outperformed expectations for three quarters then ran out of gas thanks to the hapless offense.

It appears the o will only succeed when playing inferior competition. Toivonen is a D2 wr, I’m sure he works hard and is a good kid but he’s too damn slow. It’s inexcusable to not throw some speed in their. We needed one of the little guys in the slot to be a reliable outlet. The lack of aggression on offense yesterday was pathetic. We need to always be in attack mode on both sides of the ball. 

The kicking situation is alarming to say the least. It’d be one thing if he was blasting the ball and just missing but the ball does not jump off his foot. It’s ugly and laborious. Kicking is like golf, a proper swing is fast and effortless and the ball should explode on impact. I am very concerned about this and agree with UNDbiz that it will most likely cost us a game or two which could mean watching the playoffs from home again. This is unacceptable. Gotta have a competent backup at all positions.

If the offense shows up next week we should be able to win.

Ya, please pass the crow on Greer, that guy played his a_s off at a high level.  And sometimes, that's what a drop in the depth chart can do, light a fire!!

Kett was a disappointment.  Keaton elevated against Utah.  Kett clammed up.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

Ya, please pass the crow on Greer, that guy played his a_s off at a high level.  And sometimes, that's what a drop in the depth chart can do, light a fire!!

Yup, not sold on Ketteringham yet.

I will wait and see until next game how Kett performs.  The Huskies only rushed 4 most of the time so there wasn't much room for WR to separate.  When the Huskies rushed 6 either Kett threw it away or was sacked.  UW has a good front four probably the best we see all season.

4 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Since the subject has been opened, is your coaching experience as a head coach?  level?  record?   Don't want to pry or embarrass, but to hold yourself up as resident expert seems to call for some clarity.

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I played flag FB in 5th and 6th grade. I'm a past fantasy FB champion and I'm a Madden guru. All FB knowledge flows thru me! :wink:

Pretty impressive, Oxbow6.  I hope the self-appointed football moderaters allow you to continue posting here!  

I was our fraternity house Nintendo Tecmo Bowl Champion in 1991...took the Miami Dolphins to the title.  I also scored 4 TDs once in our company football game in the fall of 1989.  Intercepted a pass and took it 80 yards the other way for a score.  X-ray the next day revealed that I played 1/2 of the game with a broken wrist, too.     

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Und will go no where with this %#^£*^ digit as an OC.  He has had 5 YEARS to make some resemblance of an offense and has failed miserably.  Half a decade and the same crap results. 

The D looks to be very capable.  They can only be on the field so long before tiring.   My hat goes off to them.  

As much as I love bubba he is walking a fine line.  First, he’s ok with Rudy being here?????  Cannot understand that.  Second ...he needs to coach to win games ....not to try and keep it close. Wrong mentality  

Special teams was my main concern entering the season .  They will be a hit and miss all year. Way to young.  Leach is playing scared and unsure.  He needs to hit the reset button in his head immediately.  

I was overall pretty happy with our effort - even though some weaknesses in talent were exposed.  In my opinion, everyone left it out on the field except Rudolph and Bubba.  Come up with a philosophy and game plan that allows us to play to win.  I am getting more frustrated with Bubba this year - Rudolf will always be a clown and I don't expect him to change.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Pretty impressive, Oxbow6.  I hope the self-appointed football moderaters allow you to continue posting here!  

I was our fraternity house Nintendo Tecmo Bowl Champion in 1991...took the Miami Dolphins to the tite.  I also scored 4 TDs once in our company football game in the fall of 1989.  Intercepted a pass and took it 80 yards the other way for a score.  X-ray the next day revealed that I played 1/2 of the game with a broken wrist, too.     

I’m sure your broken wrist was “game” related.:lol:

10 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Wow ...

UND loses 45-3 today but according to some, since it was against an overrated FBS team, UND played just fine ...

Not to mention people are again targeting me for being critical of a 42 point loss. 

Again wow, what a bunch of delusional losers on this board that UND football has for “fans”.

Hope the inevitably different attitude from UND next week against an FCS opponent leads to a UND win. We should definitely be to able to win at the line of scrimmage; as for UND pass offense and pass defense, we’ll see ......

If you hate everyone on this board so much, you could always deactivate your account.

23 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I was our fraternity house Nintendo Tecmo Bowl Champion in 1991...took the Miami Dolphins to the tite.  I also scored 4 TDs once in our company football game in the fall of 1989.  Intercepted a pass and took it 80 yards the other way for a score.  X-ray the next day revealed that I played 1/2 of the game with a broken wrist, too.     

AL1.jpg.d0feacdf71308b674bb63db40aa3264d.jpg

• Upvote 1

When we have 3 WR’s on the field it cannot be Wanzek, Maag, and Toivonen. Only reason for it would maybe if they are in the red zone.

It should be Wanzek, Maag, McKinney/Adeoti. 

Or even Wanzek, McKinney, Adeoti

I honestly see no reason for Toivonen to see the field much. Slow and not the best hands.

Are Mckinney and Adeoti not good route runners or can they not catch because I see no reason for them playing so little.

13 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Gotta go for the TD after Jon's big run. Could have been 17-7 in the 3rd. We turn those interceptions into pick 6's or feild goals, it could have been a different story. 

Yea, I forgot to mention that in my post. Run the ball four times from there for fucks sake. They outmatched us in the secondary all game, why would that change in the red zone. We should have had two to three WRs out wide and just ran right at them. Gotta be able to ask that of the hogs if they’re worth a damn.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I’m not happy with Kett’s performance but I’ll give him one more game to prove he can be a team leader-manager.  ‘

7 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

When we have 3 WR’s on the field it cannot be Wanzek, Maag, and Toivonen. Only reason for it would maybe if they are in the red zone.

It should be Wanzek, Maag, McKinney/Adeoti. 

Or even Wanzek, McKinney, Adeoti

I honestly see no reason for Toivonen to see the field much. Slow and not the best hands.

Are Mckinney and Adeoti not good route runners or can they not catch because I see no reason for them playing so little.

While I agree with you....it’s a laughable point.  This regime does not adjust. 

• Upvote 1