SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Washington Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Yep, blowout loss to the number 9 team in the land shut down the program and surrender everything to NDSU. Only one team should be DI and it’s not us. We couldn’t hold our own in Seattle. Season is lost. :silly:

season likely is lost with this offense 

sure wont be FCS National Championship which is the standard I have for UND after watching Ag U do it every single year

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Did SDSU win a title when they beat Kansas? Did USD win a title when they beat Minnesota? FBS wins and losses don’t describe how the season will go step away from the ledge.

Hey Simpleton, its not just W's and L's

UND had opportunities that they did not capitalize on because the moment was too big (4th and 1, red zone offense, 4th quarter against Washington's 2nd strings, deep passes, etc.). That is what worries me, not merely the fact that UND lost by 41 pts. Sure UND will likely go 7-4 this sesaon; that don't mean !@#$ to me when I expect them to be in the playoffs every season. 

You're wrong Darrell, again. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

sure wont be FCS National Championship which is the standard I have for UND after watching Ag U do it every single year

Are you serious? Pretty high standard for any program,  let alone the AC.

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Beat Iowa in 2016 didn’t win National Title, beat Kansas in 2010 didn’t win National Title. Beating an FBS team doesn’t mean you are going to Frisco or winning in Frisco. 

problem with rudy imo is that he won't even change his mindset for ONE game...he played this like we were were playing UNC or Weber....roll outs to buy ketts more time...2 or 3 tricks plays (like the SDSU game with hendy and hardin), 20 yes 20 attempt to the TE's, jet sweeps...bootlegs...5 screens...a bubble pass...anything but up the damn middle 33 times.

kudos to the D tho....

7 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Beat Iowa in 2016 didn’t win National Title, beat Kansas in 2010 didn’t win National Title. Beating an FBS team doesn’t mean you are going to Frisco or winning in Frisco. 

I just said its not about the W's and L's

Catch a hint?

Those 2016 and 2010 NDSU teams were better than probably any UND football team ... DAMN truth hurts 

heal up, get to work, and beat Sam Houston State

9 minutes ago, Bill the Dog said:

In football, UND ain't no Ag U.  Obsess much?

Really? Obviously not; UND is a liberal arts public research university with a strong foundation in aviation, business, medicine, and law, among other programs not directly related to agriculture. 

I desire for UND to be the best team within their classification, particularly regarding the best and most popular sport in the country (not hockey). UND should be Ag U in football; that's the standard. 

No sacks, 3 points. Their receivers a little faster than UNDs secondary. Good guys receivers a little slower than their D backs. Thought for 3 quarters they looked decent. 

The unsportsmanlike side of me really wanted to see their 2nd string quarterback get put on his butt once. 

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

excuse me for my "pretty high standards"

Participation awards for all!

Yeah. I kind of figure your standards are are a little high. Check out today's top 25 scores with a lot of "Major Programs" and how they got blown out. I want the Sioux football team to be their best. But  we need to get a little  real here.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

No sacks, 3 points. Their receivers a little faster than UNDs secondary. Good guys receivers a little slower than their D backs. Thought for 3 quarters they looked decent. 

The unsportsmanlike side of me really wanted to see their 2nd string quarterback get put on his butt once

Me too!!

• Upvote 1

Defense looked great until late - can only handle so many 3 and outs on offense.... not all game long.  Take out Santiago’s awesome 70 yard run and we had 150 yards of total offense.  Starting receivers are slow and can’t separate.  40 percent passing and we stretched the field for a whopping 3 yards per catch.  We don’t make adjustments in personnel or schemes.  That offensive efficiency and creativity won’t get it done at any level.  Defense was very encouraging but my hope is we were holding something back on offense or we are in for a long year.  Special teams and kicking game???  Can’t even describe...

Defense will be fine.  Offensive personnel should be okay, but our schemes and execution have to improve by next week.  Special teams need a miracle...  optimistic but a long way to go...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

My biggest disappointment today is Brady only getting 3 carries.  Unless there was some specific reason, I just can't understand that.  A guy who is a senior and done a lot for UND football the past 4 years......you barely use him in the BIGGEST game he will ever play in.  Shameful in my opinion and I feel bad for Brady.  JJ is not better than Brady and should not have gotten more playing time than Brady who is a senior and proven his worth. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My observations.

UW was not as good as advertised. They do not look like a top-10 team in the country. Their run blocking got exposed two weeks in a row. I feel if we had any sort of passing game, we take them down to the wire. If we have a secondary that can actually cover, we win this game. We missed a chance to steal a FBS win. This game was closer than the final score indicated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

My biggest disappointment today is Brady only getting 3 carries.  Unless there was some specific reason, I just can't understand that.  A guy who is a senior and done a lot for UND football the past 4 years......you barely use him in the BIGGEST game he will ever play in.  Shameful in my opinion and I feel bad for Brady.  JJ is not better than Brady and should not have gotten more playing time than Brady who is a senior and proven his worth. 

Brady is nursing a knee from last week. It was smart not to give him more carries in a game like this.