SiouxSports.com Forum

Washington vs Auburn

Fry Bread

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If people want UND to be a playoff team, these are the games that UND needs to go into with a tough minded attitude and mindset. Sure, you are all right that UND will likely lose by a lot, but if you screw up how the message is sent to the team, you could see a negative effect the rest of the season.

Get out there, buckle up the chin strap, and play 60 minutes of physical, effort-filled UND football. If UND loses by 50, so be it, but to “give up” before halftime is just stupid. It would send the wrong message. Even though the odds are way against UND, they still better play to win the game. There’s a reason the games are still played and not just ran through modern software prediction programs. Anything different than playing to win is the mindset of an analytical loser and not an aggressive winner. I know which category I want UND’s football program to be in under Bubba. Yes, it’s very easy for the players to enter this game knowing they likely will lose, but if that’s all they are thinking about then Bubba has lost the goal/direction of the team.

Play to win every game and let the chips fall where they may.

They played Utah like this last year.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If people want UND to be a playoff team, these are the games that UND needs to go into with a tough minded attitude and mindset. Sure, you are all right that UND will likely lose by a lot, but if you screw up how the message is sent to the team, you could see a negative effect the rest of the season.

Get out there, buckle up the chin strap, and play 60 minutes of physical, effort-filled UND football. If UND loses by 50, so be it, but to “give up” before halftime is just stupid. It would send the wrong message. Even though the odds are way against UND, they still better play to win the game. There’s a reason the games are still played and not just ran through modern software prediction programs. Anything different than playing to win is the mindset of an analytical loser and not an aggressive winner. I know which category I want UND’s football program to be in under Bubba. Yes, it’s very easy for the players to enter this game knowing they likely will lose, but if that’s all they are thinking about then Bubba has lost the goal/direction of the team.

Could not agree more - besides the losing, one of the most frustrating aspects of last year was how we looked - at times difficult to watch.  We need to come out and look like a team that is assignment sharp and ready to do some hitting.  If we get beat by more talent then so be it, but let's earn some respect by giving them a real football game.  

• Upvote 2

On 9/3/2018 at 9:38 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

It doesn't always happen, but here is a UND-FB-FAN post that I can 100% agree with. I want the boys to play smart and stay healthy, but "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!"