SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: Fighting Hawks vs MVSU

geaux_sioux

This post is going against the grain and will be completely optimistic:

• Definition of the tale of two halves, I thought overall once adjustments were made the second half UND looked good on both sides of the ball
  • Ketteringham looked good
  • WR's won't drop as many as they did tonight
  • Like they did in the secondary, the kick off coverage was good in the 2nd half
  • Solid pass coverage all game
  • Running game picked up as the game went on

I get it, it was a bad first half, but once adjustments were made the game wasn't close. The opponent was terrible, but there are things that they can build on.

3 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

QB is better than we've had in a while. D-line and linebackers look like D1 players. DB's are in way over their heads. They are going to get torched the next couple weeks.

Like I mentioned, tale of two halves, the DB's didn't give much in the 2nd half. Holm we know is solid did get picked on and Harris was over a year since he played last. It's tough to cover against a 3 step drop when you're on an island. Nice adjustments by Schmidt in the second half.

12 minutes ago, Irish said:

Why in the world can't we organize a decent kickoff coverage - it's not rocket science.  

Kostich

I was impressed with the guy when first hired. I thought it to be a tough sale to convince Bubba to give him a chance at such a young age. I think he fails to connect with the players for one. I also think (I don’t know) that he’s a little arrogant and is not learning from his mistakes. He’s not eating his humble pie. Just keeps banging his head against the wall. In my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, forksandspoons said:

Do we tell our kickers to kick it short or can we simply not develop them to kick it into the end zone? 

I think that’s more of a god given talent than coaching a guy to boot it thru the end zone. Not the same as teaching a QB to sniff out coverages. 

The real test still comes against Sammy.    We played a team tonight that was horrible, actually worse than expected and maybe we played down to their level.    I don't have faith in beating Washington, so that leaves us with SHSU  being the team that SHOULD be on par with us talent wise.    Time will tell.

9 minutes ago, AJS said:

This post is going against the grain and will be completely optimistic:

• Definition of the tale of two halves, I thought overall once adjustments were made the second half UND looked good on both sides of the ball
  • Ketteringham looked good
  • WR's won't drop as many as they did tonight
  • Like they did in the secondary, the kick off coverage was good in the 2nd half
  • Solid pass coverage all game
  • Running game picked up as the game went on

I get it, it was a bad first half, but once adjustments were made the game wasn't close. The opponent was terrible, but there are things that they can build on.

This was one of the worst teams in the fcs!!  If und wants to be taken serious .....every aspect of their game would of been top notch from start to finish and blown them out in the first half to get the 3rd/4th stringers in the second half.  The 42.5 pt favorite line was for a reason.  Mvsu is horrible!   Had the crap mvsu team not shot themselves in the foot continuously....they would of been toe to toe with und.  Sad!!!