SiouxSports.com Forum

Day By Day

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah I don’t know what that was. Felt like there was a route open to just get the first down. 

I didn't see a replay until that highlight.  He wasn't even remotely open.  Looked like they tried to go back shoulder again but went back shoulder into double coverage.  Someone had to have been open somewhere. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how about the two previous plays...instead of rudy having brady being the guy how about john (former wr)...and then the next play how about Luke (receiving te) instead of the Alex (blocking te)....?

I thought the call to Brady was actually a good thing. Players didn’t quite execute that call properly but we had a great matchup and should have scored.

Cloyd is much more than a blocking TE. I’d rather throw him the balk than Luke honestly.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I thought the call to Brady was actually a good thing. Players didn’t quite execute that call properly but we had a great matchup and should have scored.

Cloyd is much more than a blocking TE. I’d rather throw him the balk than Luke honestly.

I need to chime in on this one.  Over the last couple years Cloyd has dropped alot more passes then Luke (who has not dropped a catch this year) and Luke is far more agressive and a better blocker than Cloyd.  I still say Luke has better hands  and first step even if he lacks the speed.  Cloyd needs to become a more agressive blocker and penalties are killing him this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, O Town said:

I need to chime in on this one.  Over the last couple years Cloyd has dropped alot more passes then Luke (who has not dropped a catch this year) and Luke is far more agressive and a better blocker than Cloyd.  I still say Luke has better hands  and first step even if he lacks the speed.  Cloyd needs to become a more agressive blocker and penalties are killing him this year.

Need to feed Cloyd the ball. His potential is immense.

7 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Ketteringham seems to struggle with the corner fade route.  The throw to Wanzek in the SHSU game was also pretty bad, just got lucky.

I agree. Odds are the catch would have been difficult as Noah was covered. But he had nearly 10 more yards to the back of the end zone to work with. To give him a chance you have to throw up a jump ball. Noah was a ND mr basketball candidate dunking the ball many times with a 38” vertical and 6’4” with long arms. One of his final high school basketball games against Dickinson he had 18 rebounds against 7’ Jordan Meidinger now with NDSU. They are not using his skills right. And he has proven he has good hands. He didn’t even have a chance at that ball. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, The Fan said:

I agree. Odds are the catch would have been difficult as Noah was covered. But he had nearly 10 more yards to the back of the end zone to work with. To give him a chance you have to throw up a jump ball. Noah was a ND mr basketball candidate dunking the ball many times with a 38” vertical and 6’4” with long arms. One of his final high school basketball games against Dickinson he had 18 rebounds against 7’ Jordan Meidinger now with NDSU. They are not using his skills right. And he has proven he has good hands. He didn’t even have a chance at that ball. 

Seems to be a theme for Bubba Ball.

36 minutes ago, Meat man 01 said:

With the loss they're going to have to you and see maybe Bubba will finally get smart and get a new offense of coordinator far as that goes a whole new coaching staff that sucks when they played Idaho who passes and then tried to run 3rd and 10 smart play calling

Holy crap man.  Somebody delete that post before Mafia sees it and has a heart attack. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Meat man 01 said:

With the loss they're going to have to you and see maybe Bubba will finally get smart and get a new offense of coordinator far as that goes a whole new coaching staff that sucks when they played Idaho who passes and then tried to run 3rd and 10 smart play calling

@gfhockey do you speak this language? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Meat man 01 said:

Unless I am missing something, what does someone’s first plane ride have to do with a college football program. Sounds like a tradition to film the tea Tim s but, seriously, I was expecting some deapth. Maybe I don’t check out enough social media to get the focus of this.... but then I am old.

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

They seem to start each episode with something a bit more personal to get to know the team. I like it. Reminds me of how young the freshman are and that the experience goes beyond the field. 

Yes! Love the personal story and how this experience will stay with this young man forever.

1 hour ago, shep said:

Yes! Love the personal story and how this experience will stay with this young man forever.

My first flight was my freshman year at UND. I remember coaches visiting/laughing about it at the airport. Thankfully this was long before social media  :)  . 

Love hearing the personal stories about the team!

• Upvote 1