SiouxSports.com Forum

Day By Day

geaux_sioux

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hopefully that translates to playing with great energy and not tight.

As players, at this level, can't be tight because it's a big game.  Could our scheme make us look tight on offense or put our corners on an island and give up big chunks.....I think this is more likely to be the issue compared to our guys being tight.  Time to shine, players and coaches, this game is HUGE!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

As players, at this level, can't be tight because it's a big game.  Could our scheme make us look tight on offense or put our corners on an island and give up big chunks.....I think this is more likely to be the issue compared to our guys being tight.  Time to shine, players and coaches, this game is HUGE!!

By the end of the first half, we’ll know if UND is in Texas to win or just not to lose. I sure hope for the former. 

People may not want to see it or admit it, but UND was definitely playing not to lose against Washington (punt on 4th and 1 shows that). 

14 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

We are all so damn thirsty for a big win, we need to pull off this upset! There will be ZERO moral victories in this game even if we lose by one point. 

I agree 100% win or bust. After what I have seen the first two games I don’t see how we don’t come out on top today. We are ready.

Two things:

First, the Sam Houston running back was down on that goal line run, right?  Finally got to see a reverse angle on it in this clip.  His abdomen at least bounced off the turf before he was in.

Secondly, that botched punt was so close to being disastrous. Again, nice to see a reverse angle on it finally -- you could see that his knee was down and hand on the ball with contact from the defender. Good call by stripes.

42 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Two things:

First, the Sam Houston running back was down on that goal line run, right?  Finally got to see a reverse angle on it in this clip.  His abdomen at least bounced off the turf before he was in.

Secondly, that botched punt was so close to being disastrous. Again, nice to see a reverse angle on it finally -- you could see that his knee was down and hand on the ball with contact from the defender. Good call by stripes.

That blocked punt demonstrated that our punter is an athlete. He snatched that ball off the turf with one hand and tried to advance it. Great awareness and coordination moments after disaster.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That blocked punt demonstrated that our punter is an athlete. He snatched that ball off the turf with one hand and tried to advance it. Great awareness and coordination moments after disaster.

Totally agree with the punter comment.

tried to slow down the belly bouncing TD but still couldn’t make up my mind. If it was a honest Touchdown that guy needs to try out for the gymnastics team.