SiouxSports.com Forum

Sam Houston

Nodak78

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

For some reason I'm doubting rain will benefit UND much. Regardless, SHSU is going to stack the box, and the Hawks need the ability to stretch the field through the air. 

I agree. Weather won’t do anything. Pretty pathetic if anyone is honestly betting on that.

UND needs to be able to stop the pass and pass the ball themselves. If they cant, watch out.

3 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

I would prefer it wouldn’t rain.  Rain will give them an excuse as to why they lost.  I would like to see UND fully and unequivocally tested against a quality opponent. Namely one with the type of arsenal that Sam has offensively.   No excuses!  Will only help UND in the long run. 

I lived in Houston for a long time and heat and humidity are worse to play in than rain for a team from the north.  

10 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I don't think anyone is going to be surprised on how talented they are. They are very good receivers, their numbers and accolades are out there and no doubt they could be the determining factor in the game if UND's secondary struggles. Just stating that we need to pump the brakes a bit before stating they are better than UW's WR, which is just a bit better than a "mid tier Pac 12" team.

I’m extremely anal about stats/ facts.  I needed to look up pac 12 wr talent.   Washingtons WRs came in 5th and 6th place in the two publications I viewed.    That to me screams mid Pac -12 tier.  Sticking with Sams starting WRs are faster quicker. Wont matter a bit if their qb can’t get them the ball

56 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I’m extremely anal about stats/ facts.  I needed to look up pac 12 wr talent.   Washingtons WRs came in 5th and 6th place in the two publications I viewed.    That to me screams mid Pac -12 tier.  Sticking with Sams starting WRs are faster quicker. Wont matter a bit if their qb can’t get them the ball

It’s a stupid argument but since Arizona St likely has the top corps in the country and Cal is in the top ten and Stanford is borderline too 10, being 5th probably is to bad

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

I read it as Washington as a whole was mid-tier Pac 12 team, not specifically their WR's. Maybe it was poor wording but I wasn't the only one who read it that way. That being said, homer's point is a pretty solid one and I'll still take Chico McClatcher with the ball in his hand over anyone from SHSU. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

I read it as Washington as a whole was mid-tier Pac 12 team, not specifically their WR's. Maybe it was poor wording but I wasn't the only one who read it that way. That being said, homer's point is a pretty solid one and I'll still take Chico McClatcher with the ball in his hand over anyone from SHSU. 

Agreed, I read it as Washington was a mid tier pac team. Time will tell but I think they are a top tier team.

7 hours ago, The Pod said:

PAC 12 cannot compete with SEC 

Ask Auburn about that. If Dub doesn't puke away 2 opportunities to get point first and goal they are rated in the top 4. BTW Dub is currently at #10 in the country.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

That's it, there is no way UND can compete with all those FBS transfers.........

Maybe a better question is how many of UND's players would be playing FBS football if they didn't play their high school football in Minnesota, North Dakota, Canada or Wisconsin?   If Santiago or Oliviera had played high school football in Dallas does anyone think they would be playing FCS football?  

If you are FBS qualified, they will find you. I like John's grit and he is a really good football player. Brady came in and worked hard and carved out his own impact versus being lost in John's shadow.  I think there are a few guys on the team that could play at a lower to mid-tier FBS team but not many on our roster. Most that play at the FCS level are considered either a little under-sized or a step or 2 too slow in the 40 the play at the FBS level. But, that doesn't they are not good football players. As we have seen recently, some guys in FCS can make it to the next level.

Wisconsin Badgers have boatload of homegrown kids on the roster. I said it before, its about the level of competition that you compete against. Elijah Grady looked like Bo Jackson on his Hudl tape and should be a solid NFL prospect at this point had he stayed at UND. But looking at his Hudl tape, most of the kids he played against in high school had no business being within 5 miles of a football field.

7 hours ago, Feff said:

What are the viewing options for this game? 

Western ND on CBS networks. Eastern ND on wday/z xtra on cable, 6.3 or 8.3 ota. ESPN3 stream only on dish (must have top 120 or above), directtv not available (except cbs stations in western ND)

Not sure about direct tv 

4 minutes ago, sprig said:

Western ND on CBS networks. Eastern ND on wday/z xtra on cable, 6.3 or 8.3 ota. ESPN3 stream only on dish (must have top 120 or above), directtv not available (except cbs stations in western ND)

Not sure about direct tv 

Thank you