SiouxSports.com Forum

Sam Houston

Nodak78

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I don't think anyone is going to be surprised on how talented they are. They are very good receivers, their numbers and accolades are out there and no doubt they could be the determining factor in the game if UND's secondary struggles. Just stating that we need to pump the brakes a bit before stating they are better than UW's WR, which is just a bit better than a "mid tier Pac 12" team.

Didn't you hear?  They were recruited by Alabama, Auburn, and Georgia.  But for some reason, they ended up at SHSU!! :lol:

10 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

That would definitely be best case scenario imo.  

if so, then our new QB will struggle just like he did with Prairie View.   Last week game at Bowers Stadium featured lots of rain and lightning delay of 40 mins.    Accordingly, it became woefully apparent that our QB cannot throw the ball well in rainy situations.   

2 minutes ago, The Pod said:

if so, then our new QB will struggle just like he did with Prairie View.   Last week game at Bowers Stadium featured lots of rain and lightning delay of 40 mins.    Accordingly, it became woefully apparent that our QB cannot throw the ball well in rainy situations.   

Well here I was going to say I'd probably rather have it really windy than rainy.  DB's can slip in the rain too, and the WR's know where they are going and DB's have to adjust and if they slip and fall down it's a TD.  For our sake we'll hope your QB is not good at throwing the ball in wet weather.   I sure hope the temperature has dropped some by game time, our guys won't be use to that.  

19 minutes ago, The Pod said:

Yes, you heard it.  Fact

From what I can see of your All-American WR's, Nathan Stewart had offers from Idaho and SHSU and Davion Davis had an offer from SHSU. Maybe not accurate, but it is what's out there. Again, not knocking them, they are clearly very talented and have the ability to win the game for SHSU, just looking at a little reality check here.

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

OK.  Now I am curious?  Who from your roster got offers from SEC schools?  (Not trying to be a jerk.  I really am wondering).

Here is a sample of just the FBS transfers, not complete list:      

Spence Williams – Missouri Transfer

Josh Moore – Missouri Transfer

Will Lockett – UCLA transfer

Zack Kinninger – Fresno State transfer

Brailyn Franklin – Penn St . transfer

Eric Flower – Texas transfer

Matt Burrell – Ohio St transfer

Hunter Brown – West Virginia transfer

Ty Barrett – TCU transfer

SEC offers were given to:

our two All American WRs and

Chris Stewart (who is a Wake Forest transfer)

Moses Johnson – DL 6’4” 260lbs Redshirt Freshman

2 minutes ago, The Pod said:

Flower is a stud.  Really like his game. 

1 hour ago, The Pod said:

That's it, there is no way UND can compete with all those FBS transfers.........

Maybe a better question is how many of UND's players would be playing FBS football if they didn't play their high school football in Minnesota, North Dakota, Canada or Wisconsin?   If Santiago or Oliviera had played high school football in Dallas does anyone think they would be playing FCS football?  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

That's it, there is no way UND can compete with all those FBS transfers.........

Maybe a better question is how many of UND's players would be playing FBS football if they didn't play there high school football in Minnesota, North Dakota, Canada or Wisconsin?   If Santiago or Oliviera had played high school football in Dallas does anyone think they would be playing FCS football?  

Hahahaha..............UND will be very competitive and may actually beat the Kats.  I am worried about how well our run defense will be at stopping your running attack.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Listening to that, there's no way UND can compete. I'm just trying to figure out how Prarie View was able to stay within 10 of SH in the first game.

UND gained a bunch of confidence @ UW.     

Front 6 on O and 7 on D held there own and really !@#$ down Washington running game for 3 quarters(Gaskin 11-13 yards late in 1st half).   We will see what that translates into but if we can run the ball and stop SHSU run we will win.