SiouxSports.com Forum

Sam Houston

Nodak78

Just now, Sioux94 said:

We didn't get a single vote in the coaches poll.  So if we pull off an upset against Sam Houston, what's the highest you think we'd jump into the poll....if at all.  If we win I'd think we'd at least have to jump into the top 25.  

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

Boy you are optimistic.  about the poll.   I think we have a very good chance to win.

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

We didn't get a single vote in the coaches poll.  So if we pull off an upset against Sam Houston, what's the highest you think we'd jump into the poll....if at all.  If we win I'd think we'd at least have to jump into the top 25.  

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

I doubt we even make the top 25 with a win against Sam. Let's get a win and worry about it later ;)

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

This will likely change but the weather forecast for Hunstville TX right now is 60% chance of precipitation. Scattered thunderstorms. A wet, muddy game would be ideal against a pass happy team. 

May have to settle for just a wet field as SHSU has an artificial surface.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowers_Stadium

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

So far they are meh. Could be better and could be worse. Not a train wreck by any means. I’m curious to see what happens when Nate comes back.

Last year was pretty rough, so if we've started this year as a middle of the road o-line I guess that's an improvement. I always hope for improvement in all position groups as the season goes on. Time will tell if that's the case this year.

Reminder to members to please avoid posting all content from a linked source.  Feel free to give a quick summary or highlight a quote from an article.

From the forum guidelines, which may be viewed at https://forum.siouxsports.com/guidelines/ 

• No copyright violations. Do not reproduce entire articles, forum posts, or other content you do not own.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Only 5-6 starters either questionable or out.  1/4 of the 22 starting positions.  This doesn't seem to be that good of news although it appears most injuries are not season ending.

Injuries again a issue? Time will tell. 

After awhile these injury issues are, well, becoming an issue. 

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Injuries again a issue? Time will tell. 

After awhile these injury issues are, well, becoming an issue. 

Austin Gordon, supposedly unstoppable off the edge, hasn't played yet.

Nguon on the OL, supposedly very good player would either start or back-up with no drop in play.

No Lenny yet.  Another safety Ommeren hasn't played.

No Tank at Washington.

Larson dinged.  Tobin dinged.  Walezko dinged.  Brady dinged against MVSU, barely played at UW.

I thought another safety was hurt against UW, too.

It's adding up.

47 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Austin Gordon, supposedly unstoppable off the edge, hasn't played yet.

Nguon on the OL, supposedly very good player would either start or back-up with no drop in play.

No Lenny yet.  Another safety Ommeren hasn't played.

No Tank at Washington.

Larson dinged.  Tobin dinged.  Walezko dinged.  Brady dinged against MVSU, barely played at UW.

I thought another safety was hurt against UW, too.

It's adding up.

I think that was Ty Shannon - laying on the ground as they cut to a commercial.  Thought he played again after he got hurt, though, can't remember for sure.

Before the year started, when I made predictions this was one of two games (along with Washington), where I felt UND didn't have a chance. After watching UND's first two games, I believe this is a true coin flip type game and one that UND absolutely can win. The reasons I'm optimistic is UND has a very good FCS front 7, I don't believe that SHSU will be able to do much on the ground at all. UND's secondary is the weak link, but they took a giant step from 1st half Game one to 2nd half game one and into game two. They may be the weak link on this defense, but as an FCS unit, I think they are average (with the ability to be above average as they continue to gel). Overall, I really do like UND defensively.

Offensively, the O-Line has held their own and UND should be able to get the ground game going. As disappointing as 8 was against Washington, hopefully that was a good learning experience for him. SHSU isn't Washington, UND will have more success through the air. The offense which will obviously be better this week, will in turn keep the defense more rested, so they won't wear down like they did in the 4th against Washington. If this team can put it all together (which they haven't yet this year), they will win on Saturday. This is such a big game, not only for the season, but overall for this football program in general.

The big talker today as it should be is injuries. Does this look correct, these are guys either reported by UND360, limited last week, were hurt or didn't play.

Should be good to go

Oliveira

Blubaugh

Probable

Lenny Nelson

Lawrence

Questionable

Larson

Harris (DT)

Tobin

Waletzko

Won't Play

Nyguin

Gordon

Greibel

At a minimum UND needs all the 'should be good' and 'probably' guys to be ready to go along with at least one of the guys listed as 'questionable'. As good and important as Harris / Larson are, the depth is definitely better with those two positions than it is on the O-line.

Anyone I'm missing? Anyone that should be moved to another category? When you look break it down like this, knowing they aren't any long term injuries, the situation although far from ideal isn't actually that bad. That's assuming the Top 4 are ready to go (especially Oliverira and Blubaugh).

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

Before the year started, when I made predictions this was one of two games (along with Washington), where I felt UND didn't have a chance. After watching UND's first two games, I believe this is a true coin flip type game and one that UND absolutely can win. The reasons I'm optimistic is UND has a very good FCS front 7, I don't believe that SHSU will be able to do much on the ground at all. UND's secondary is the weak link, but they took a giant step from 1st half Game one to 2nd half game one and into game two. They may be the weak link on this defense, but as an FCS unit, I think they are average (with the ability to be above average as they continue to gel). Overall, I really do like UND defensively.

Offensively, the O-Line has held their own and UND should be able to get the ground game going. As disappointing as 8 was against Washington, hopefully that was a good learning experience for him. SHSU isn't Washington, UND will have more success through the air. The offense which will obviously be better this week, will in turn keep the defense more rested, so they won't wear down like they did in the 4th against Washington. If this team can put it all together (which they haven't yet this year), they will win on Saturday. This is such a big game, not only for the season, but overall for this football program in general.

The big talker today as it should be is injuries. Does this look correct, these are guys either reported by UND360, limited last week, were hurt or didn't play.

Should be good to go

Oliveira

Blubaugh

Probable

Lenny Nelson

Lawrence

Questionable

Larson

Harris (DT)

Tobin

Waletzko

Won't Play

Nyguin

Gordon

Greibel

At a minimum UND needs all the 'should be good' and 'probably' guys to be ready to go along with at least one of the guys listed as 'questionable'. As good and important as Harris / Larson are, the depth is definitely better with those two positions than it is on the O-line.

Anyone I'm missing? Anyone that should be moved to another category? When you look break it down like this, knowing they aren't any long term injuries, the situation although far from ideal isn't actually that bad. That's assuming the Top 4 are ready to go (especially Oliverira and Blubaugh).

The "questionable" guys would help a bunch.  Two run-stoppers and two OL.