SiouxSports.com Forum

Sam Houston

Nodak78

4 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Special teams could very well be the difference in this game, and that advantage would go to Sammy. Our special teams need to improve.

But, our running game balanced with an well planed arial attack could more than offset the special teams.

If we spent the off season evaluating what went wrong with a sharp eye and making some adjustments I think we could surprise the heck out of Sam Houston.  Even with an average O line our offense could be hard to stop with the weapons we have and a QB with better throwing skills.  I am excited and optimistic about this game.  

26 minutes ago, MDtoGF said:

In my q-a with Sam Herder of Hero sports, he brought up some good points on the Bearkats, feel free to read up on them! https://seamoresports.com/2018/09/05/looking-ahead-for-und-football-a-chat-with-sam-herder-of-hero-sports/

Actually a pretty good read.  I like his answer about Sam H. going all the way......he pretty much said, "nope", "not physical enough".  That needs to be an advantage for us.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

The problem with forcing them to pass is that then they will pass.  On the bright side, after week 1 I feel better about our o-line and Rudy than I ever would have expected.

Still not high on our O-Line.  But im starting to think that Rudy just didnt trust Studsrud's arm.  

• Upvote 2

On 8/28/2018 at 1:38 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Special teams could very well be the difference in this game, and that advantage would go to Sammy. Our special teams WILL COST US THE GAME....AGAIN .

But, our running game balanced with an well planed arial attack could more than offset the special teams.

fixed.

I’m feeling good about this game. 

3 backs, over 250 yards. 

Offensive line is maturing, they take it up another notch. 

D line will eat up blockers. 

Linebackers will get the captain crunch award. 

The half step the D backs needed yesterday, will be there next week. 

Receivers will help sustain drives. 

Special teams will figure it out, eventually. 

• Upvote 3

Their  QB Briscoe graduated.  So the QB is new.  They Have two excellent WR.  Still they like to score points.  We will need to give them a heavy dose of Santiago, Brady and JJ to keep them off the field.  Also shutdown their running game and pressure their QB.  Make a sack city festival in Sammy land.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1