SiouxSports.com Forum

MDtoGF

21 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

UND football fans need a game to happen if they’re worked up over a little green and gold in a MVSU file photo

If this is Tom's response, he absolutely doesn't get it. If the opposite was in the Forum today, imagine Bisonville?

Someone needs to inform him the colors are green and yellow, not green and gold.  Just like I could care less about Fighting Sioux name being gone, I could care less if they have a photo with this team playing our sister school from Fargo.  We spend way too much time fussing about things that don't win or lose games.  We need to focus on the opponent and how we are going to win the damn game.  How was his article other than the photo?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Someone needs to inform him the colors are green and yellow, not green and gold.  Just like I could care less about Fighting Sioux name being gone, I could care less if they have a photo with this team playing our sister school from Fargo.  We spend way too much time fussing about things that don't win or lose games.  We need to focus on the opponent and how we are going to win the damn game.  How was his article other than the photo?

Excellent per usual.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, northernraider said:

I was looking at GFK flight arrivals and found no charters from the Mississippi area. Maybe they are bussing? Ha

Jackson, MS, airport (JAN) has Delta, American, and United. If they flew commercial on one of the last two they'd probably fly into Fargo and bus. 

10 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Their coach is trying to improve that stat.  He brought in a freshman RB from Memphis with a pretty good hudl film.  Also recruited 4 or 5 OL from J College.  I still don't think they will have success against our defense.  However they should improve in their league.

Lol.  Yeah I think that’s a good idea from their coach .  Hard not to get better.   Und will be ready defensively against vs the run plus they will be applying constant pressure on their qb.  

4 hours ago, iramurphy said:

The article was good, Tom had not much to go on since they're so secretive about the start of their season.  Not much on the internet or in the press at Itta Bena, Mississippi on this team playing tomorrow.

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Jackson, MS, airport (JAN) has Delta, American, and United. If they flew commercial on one of the last two they'd probably fly into Fargo and bus. 

Memphis to Minneapolis is much cheaper than flying to secondary cities.  Flying a fb team to secondary city’s with regular airlines takes so much of the market in one day that it would drive up prices even more.  Bus to and from hubs.  MVSU probably did that for NDSU too. 

Wow, GAME DAY.

This seemed like the longest off season for me, just hoping for them to return to the form of the 2016 team. These first two games probably won't be much of test, have to wait for Sammy for that, but it will be great to see the new team in action! Go Hawks, need a large walkon crowd!