SiouxSports.com Forum

MDtoGF

59 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Interesting stat of -105 total rushing yards last year for MVSU.   New coach this year but I highly doubt that und will have any trouble in stopping the run.   This game shouldn’t be close.  

Their coach is trying to improve that stat.  He brought in a freshman RB from Memphis with a pretty good hudl film.  Also recruited 4 or 5 OL from J College.  I still don't think they will have success against our defense.  However they should improve in their league.

3 hours ago, homer said:

I can’t imagine the backlash if the situation were reversed.  I would not rule out someone from that fan base writing a letter to the editor if a UND photo is used the week when they play Cal Poly.  You just wouldn’t see it.  

Not going to disagree with, because you are correct, but here we are the day before game one talking about a stupid picture rather than an upcoming game. It still speaks the the hypersensitivity of people. Tom put something controversial in the paper, and it gets a ton of attention, and got people talking .... not exactly a new tactic for the media.

On to the game, this shouldn't even be close. This should be domination in every facet of the game. Which should be a fun way to start the season and warm up for the Washington game. I just hope I don't have any issues streaming the game.

Does anyone know if the local broadcast will be streamed as far away as Pelican Rapids? It would be nice to watch it on cable vs. online.

37 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If UND plays this team close I will blast anyone who tries to justify such a pathetic effort.

Fortunatley, I expect Bubba’s squad to come out and take care of business. UND’s offense better put up 50 and the defense needs to really emphasize that sack city. 

What if MVSU proves to be a playoff team? Obviously the initial response would be a complete meltdown on this board.

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

What if MVSU proves to be a playoff team? 

We probably would've heard something about it, but what if the whole Alabama team transferred to MVSU over the summer? 

That's why I keep saying you must show up to play and win a game. 

16 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Not going to disagree with, because you are correct, but here we are the day before game one talking about a stupid picture rather than an upcoming game. It still speaks the the hypersensitivity of people. Tom put something controversial in the paper, and it gets a ton of attention, and got people talking .... not exactly a new tactic for the media.

On to the game, this shouldn't even be close. This should be domination in every facet of the game. Which should be a fun way to start the season and warm up for the Washington game. I just hope I don't have any issues streaming the game.

Does anyone know if the local broadcast will be streamed as far away as Pelican Rapids? It would be nice to watch it on cable vs. online.

Your comment has merit, tomorrow is game day 1.

I expect MVSU to be somewhat improved from last year, showing more so not till mid season. We win by 30 to 40.

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Their coach is trying to improve that stat.  He brought in a freshman RB from Memphis with a pretty good hudl film.  Also recruited 4 or 5 OL from J College.  I still don't think they will have success against our defense.  However they should improve in their league.

For my viewing sake, I hope MVSU is an improved team that we as a team can gain some value from putting on the pads.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

What if MVSU proves to be a playoff team? Obviously the initial response would be a complete meltdown on this board.

Well at least he gave us a preemptive warning, as if he needed to do that for us to know that he would be ripping on people for taking away positives.   I am sure the coaches are hinged on every one of his ultimatums.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Well at least he gave us a preemptive warning, as if he needed to do that for us to know that he would be ripping on people for taking away positives.   I am sure the coaches are hinged on every one of his ultimatums.

You in with the MVSU is a playoff team group? My Lord people on here are sensitive. You also probably believe UND football players should get participation trophies for just suiting up. What I said was and is not wrong: UND needs to blow out Mississippi Valley State.

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You in with the MVSU is a playoff team group? My Lord people on here are sensitive. You also probably believe UND football players should get participation trophies for just suiting up. What I said was and is not wrong: UND needs to blow out Mississippi Valley State.

Nobody has said anything close to this. Sounds like you are being sensitive.

Bubba is not going to let this team look past MVSU and think this is going to be a blowout game.  He will make sure that guys are in the right mindset and take this game like any other game.  that being said, If we don't win by at least 40 points, I would consider it something to worry about.  As said before, this team finished with a net -103 rushing yards last year.  They may be the worst team in all of the FCS.  Hope game with everyone healthy, Hawks need to take care of business tomorrow.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This right here is a quantum leap.

• Upvote 3

Some random thoughts about the MVSU game and the season in general:

• While I agree that MVSU has been lousy the last few years and that we should win this game quite easily, we must remember that we were 3-8 last year and are playing a lot of new players (especially QB, PK. long snapper, etc.).  I expect an easy win but I also expect a lot of mistakes along the way - it may not be pretty!.  If this happens, I hope too many UND fans don't get down on the team this early.  Again, we were 3-8 last year and MVSU will likely be somewhat improved this year.
  • I am a Bubba fan but his team did quit at times last year.  With all the injuries at critical positions combined with the lack of depth at those positions, a so-so season wasn't overly surprising.  However, I was quite disappointed in our effort at times.  This surprised/disappointed me - I didn't think we would see that from a Bubba-coached team.
  • Special teams are a concern for me.  Although the reports from fall camp have been fairly positive, I hope Leach can handle the PK job well.  It appears he will do a great job on kickoffs but his FG accuracy is a concern.  Hopefully, I am wrong on this.  A true freshman long snapper is also not ideal.  We have been blessed with the last two LS we have had.  They came in as true freshmen and handled the job well throughout their careers.  Hopefully, Hinders will do the same.
  • I share most everyone's concern about our offensive play calling.  No need to go into depth on that as it has been discussed at length.  I just hope that it improves this year.  If it does not, it will likely be another frustrating year!
  • Also, along with everyone else, the OL is a question mark.  Hopefully, we can stay healthy and a couple of underclassmen will be pleasant surprises. 
  • It appears a lot of thought/effort has been put into enhancing the tailgating and gameday experience.  Hopefully, it will result in increased attendance by students and fans in general - and that they stay until the end of games. 
  • While not as outspoken as UND-FB-FAN, I fully agree with him that we should be challenging for a conference title (I realize this won't happen for a couple of years) and playoff spot every year.  We cannot be "OK" with mediocracy - in any UND sport!  I think we are in pretty good hands now with Chaves running the show.  He wants to win, not just compete!   
  • I expect a 7-4 record this year.  It could be better but it certainly could be worse as well.  
  • Tonight:  UND  48, MVSU  13
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Nobody has said anything close to this. Sounds like you are being sensitive.

I can respond when someone, in reference to me, says:

Well at least he gave us a preemptive warning, as if he needed to do that for us to know that he would be ripping on people for taking away positives.   I am sure the coaches are hinged on every one of his ultimatums.”

At this juncture with the improvements the UND staff has made to the roster why would anyone even consider 1) UND plays MVSU remotely close and 2) that I would rip on UND for doing well and appropriately crushing MVSU. 

@tnt has me all wrong and I’m expressing that.

14 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I can respond when someone, in reference to me, says:

Well at least he gave us a preemptive warning, as if he needed to do that for us to know that he would be ripping on people for taking away positives.   I am sure the coaches are hinged on every one of his ultimatums.”

At this juncture with the improvements the UND staff has made to the roster why would anyone even consider 1) UND plays MVSU remotely close and 2) that I would rip on UND for doing well and appropriately crushing MVSU. 

@tnt has me all wrong and I’m expressing that.

The bolded portion above sounded like sarcasm. You responded like it was a serious comment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Do you get Midco sports network on your cable subscription?