Finke

B WR: Maag

McKinney

ZWR Toiv

Izzy

RB: Santiago

Oliveira

Johanneson

Absolutely love the fact the Devore is starting.  The kid is a stud !!  Adler 2.0.   He will be all American status before he’s gone.  Maag as well.  Two very talented freshman

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tangolou said:

There is sure a boat load of optimism for this season and this game especially. Remember, we were not very good at anything last year. I don't know anything about this Mississippi Valley team but I do know that if we aren't significantly better than we were a year ago, we won't beat anybody by 50 points. I'll take the under. 

UND did beat Missouri State by a score of 34-0 in 2017 with that team that “wasn’t very good at anything last year” ...

Albeit MIssouri State was poor and it was prior to the injuries piling up. 

Wih all that said, Missouri State is a far better program than Mississippi Valley State.

UND needs to win by at least 50. Not only for early season confidence but praticially for depth development. Get the young guys some valuable game reps early on!  

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Indubitably. 

What'll they show up with? Wing-T? Power I? Run and Shoot*? West Coast? H-Back? Veer? Option? Spread? Pro set two back?

*If a team changes away from the Run and Shoot does that mean their old offense was the Ran and Shat? 

This guy was spotted at their practice last week.

images.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ill disagree about aplin...goes backward too much and can't run.

I will bet he will have a solid year.  Too many people have underestimated his drive and desire.  First time I saw him was at HS All Star game and he stood out.  There is a reason that he keeps getting playing time and it isn't because  he "goes backwards".  I may be wrong but I think he will contribute to an improved O-line.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

But can any of them run past a safety and stretch the defense. UND needs a deep threat to open up a plethora of other options. 

Maag will be close.  He is not a burner per se as his speed doesn’t come across as “fast”  because of his long strides but he has some wheels.   We will find out in true game time. 

14 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Maag will be close.  He is not a burner per se as his speed doesn’t come across as “fast”  because of his long strides but he has some wheels.   We will find out it true game time. 

Very fair, have to give Maag the opportunity first. We know as great as Wanzek and Toivonen are that they are definitely possession guys and won’t be reeling in 50+ yard scores with any consistency. UND can’t rely solely on Santiago running for long scores. Either Santiago plays out wide more and/or Adeoti, McKinney, or Greibel has a break out season. UNDs offense desperately needs a deep threat! Remember the Clive Georges factor from 2015 (unfortunately missed nearly all of ‘16). 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

From Miller/GF Herald: 

That's pretty telling about where UND was at ILB last season. 

Cam Hunt had some good end of season games too as did Jaxson Turner. 

I'm glad they are still on the team AND not in the starting lineup!

58 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Very fair, have to give Maag the opportunity first. We know as great as Wanzek and Toivonen are that they are definitely possession guys and won’t be reeling in 50+ yard scores with any consistency. UND can’t rely solely on Santiago running for long scores. Either Santiago plays out wide more and/or Adeoti, McKinney, or Greibel has a break out season. UNDs offense desperately needs a deep threat! Remember the Clive Georges factor from 2015 (unfortunately missed nearly all of ‘16). 

McKinney I really like. He will be good.   Griebel from his hudl tape has acceleration and cutting just not sure on overall speed.  haven’t seen him enough tho as he has been injured the majority of the time that he’s been here.  

Will be interesting to see if Rudy strays away from his two play playbook. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

From Miller/GF Herald: 

That's pretty telling about where UND was at ILB last season. 

ILB quality and depth should go a long ways toward a vastly improved defense in 2018.  Hard to be a good defense when you can’t stop the run and can’t get “home” on the blitz.

I had thought that Kruse would of been on the 2 deep.   Only a RS fresh but has a big frame with good feet.  Still wondering if Helgren is healthy ?  Great player that has been hobbled.   If he is finally a full go I think the line could be pretty good this season....barring injury.  Even though they are only sophomores.... the left side is set.  Nate will be welcomed once he returns. With the new rule they have to find time to get Waletzko in and improve his feet   Mammoth guy that needs a little game time.  Love this rule.     

10 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I had thought that Kruse would of been on the 2 deep.   Only a RS fresh but has a big frame with good feet.  Still wondering if Helgren is healthy ?  Great player that has been hobbled.   If he is finally a full go I think the line could be pretty good this season....barring injury.  Even though they are only sophomores.... the left side is set.  Nate will be welcomed once he returns. With the new rule they have to find time to get Waletzko in and improve his feet   Mammoth guy that needs a little game time.  Love this rule.     

I'm surprised about Kruse as well.  Guy looked like a beast at the spring game.

18 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

McKinney I really like. He will be good.   Griebel from his hudl tape has acceleration and cutting just not sure on overall speed.  haven’t seen him enough tho as he has been injured the majority of the time that he’s been here.  

Will be interesting to see if Rudy strays away from his two play playbook. 

But with countless different line checks for each.  

11 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'd say some of both and the fact that the oppenent is the same.

I think we stepped in it this time.  Why schedule this crappy team following SU.  Can't we stand on our own 2 feet and find a different crappy team??