SiouxSports.com Forum

MDtoGF

Field has a nice crown to it, looks like much improved.

One thing did puzzle me a while ago shortly after the landscaping was done and the field all greened up, all grass turned brown like it was sprayed with round up, eventually it was all black again. This grass looks pretty healthy now, like it will be ready for the new season? Someone know why this was done?

37 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Looks like the soccer schedule is out and all the games are scheduled for East Grand Forks HS.  Guessing this is so they can continue to work on the playing surface near the Ralph?

Correct. They knew this before they started and the staff and team was fine with the possibility. They don't want to get on the field to early and ruin it. Sounds like it is coming in very nicely, but they are being cautious with it.

9 hours ago, nodak651 said:

9 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Looks like the soccer schedule is out and all the games are scheduled for East Grand Forks HS.  Guessing this is so they can continue to work on the playing surface near the Ralph?

Apparently the UND soccer field is not ready. Maybe the grass would not be rooted enough to play on? Pretty young grass plants.

35 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Any idea why they are not playing their games at memorial stadium. Seems to make more sense than in EGF?

I don’t think it’s set up for the public, even though they could stick a few porta potties there and call it good.

I believe the soccer team has been using EGF field in spring for years. Football used to always have scrimmage there in fall but isn't allowed to anymore. That changed when they went D1. Recruiting issue so it's odd soccer can.