Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

2018 Fall Camp

Recommended Posts

Edit: I can't figure out how to embed a twitter link.  But it appears that Zimmerman is at the top of the depth chart for QB per 

I figured we could have a separate thread for fall camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Edit: I can't figure out how to embed a twitter link.  But it appears that Zimmerman is at the top of the depth chart for QB per 

I figured we could have a separate thread for fall camp.

Doesn't surprise me, since he has the most (only) game time action with the team. I still expect to see Ketteringham be the guy, but it is nice to know we finally have some depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Doesn't surprise me, since he has the most (only) game time action with the team. I still expect to see Ketteringham be the guy, but it is nice to know we finally have some depth.

It really surprises me based on what I've seen and heard. Hopefully it that is actually the, it is due to AZ working hard and earning it over the summer and not from a lack of effort from NK (which there is no reason to think that) or it also basically means nothing. I still expect the latter to be under center the first game of the year, but guessing all 3 guys will see game action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

It really surprises me based on what I've seen and heard. Hopefully it that is actually the, it is due to AZ working hard and earning it over the summer and not from a lack of effort from NK (which there is no reason to think that) or it also basically means nothing. I still expect the latter to be under center the first game of the year, but guessing all 3 guys will see game action.

It will be interesting to see what happens.  Since we should hopefully be up in our first game.....might see both QB's play some in that game.....if not all 3....to see what they can do in Live action? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am happy with the current depth at QB (we need more in the future obviously), and I have no preference who the starter is...as long as they get the job done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Huh, an introduction of a trash can for turnovers.  

This is what I was referring to:

*Midco Sports mic'ed up both Coach Schweigert and offensive coordinator Paul Rudolph for a new web show that will be debuting soon. More on this later. 
*The Midco crew also had a drone on hand to capture some unique footage of pre-practice and a bit of the drills. 

 

The trash thing is a bit odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you throw trash it has to go somewhere...makes logical sense to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Huh, an introduction of a trash can for turnovers.  

I like it. Some strange, distant cousin of The U's turnover chain, but whatever get's the defense pumped up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Edit: I can't figure out how to embed a twitter link.  But it appears that Zimmerman is at the top of the depth chart for QB per 

I figured we could have a separate thread for fall camp.

Zimmerman has been the most present for off-season workouts; has the support of the team.

Ketteringham will have to out do him in fall camp and impress his teammates to win the job everyone expected he already had won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this qb battle kinda reminds me on when mollberg and bartels were battling for the starting position (big strong guys ) when the best qb on field was probably pandelech (the kid that eventually ended up at unlv)

will boltman get overlooked because he isn't the tallest, biggest, or fastest of the 3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4480659-heralds-takeaways-first-day-und-football-practice#.W2NpvGCeyyU.twitter

Quote

Although Boltmann took the last reps, he had the most successful stretch of the three quarterbacks gunning for the starting job.

Quote

Offensive lineman Nathan Nguon and defensive lineman Quinton Seguin were out with injuries.

Quote
  • UND's defense opened up 11-on-11 play with newcomer Lenny Nelson at safety opposite Canady. Nelson started his time at UND at corner but has been learning both defensive back spots.
  • Former UND standout linebacker Will Ratelle was back at Memorial. This time, he's helping UND strength coach Nate Baukol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blocking on the outside and downfield shouldn’t be an issue with WRs as big as UNDs

6’4” 220

6’4” 210

6’4” 235

6’4” 225. 

Bigger then than any of the OLBs that UND has 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would guess Garret Maag would be in the rotation once the season starts and Brad H is just on there for now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

They must have heard good things about Maag already 

Made it to practice today for a quick 10 minute view.......maag is the real deal.   Going to be a good one.  Pretty sure his shirt will be pulled 

 

also of note....JJ is simply a monster!!!  He’s all of 250. Santiago also looks to be beefed up.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will we get a good idea of the seriousness of the injuries? I believe right now it's Stanley (least concerning for missing Fall Camp), Nguon & Greibel (both important to get reps). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AJS said:

When will we get a good idea of the seriousness of the injuries? I believe right now it's Stanley (least concerning for missing Fall Camp), Nguon & Greibel (both important to get reps). 

Griebel will be fine.....he participated in a few things today from the short time I was there. 

   Stanley was out all last year so that one is a concern  

Nguon, if I recall correctly was in pads ....I think?   I believe he will be good to go by game time  

sequin has a boot on .....not sure the seriousness of that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AJS said:

When will we get a good idea of the seriousness of the injuries? I believe right now it's Stanley (least concerning for missing Fall Camp), Nguon & Greibel (both important to get reps). 

Nguon has been in a boot a good chunk of the summer.  He will likely need to be worked in to the rotation when ready.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang. This message board misplaced my password. ( hope it wasn’t intentional) Took me a month but I finally found it. 

Any way, I feel the disappointment about last year and the final game of 2016 but we have a new year ahead of us. I am not sure what to expect but if we don’t see a Coyote type debacle like last year I’ll take it as a positive. 

I see a positive football season for 2018 and am looking forward to honest football comments, the positive and negative. Hope the run of the mill b————Ing and sniping doesn’t take over this board.

My totally worthless opinion? 6 to 8 wins. 

6 wins, no playoffs. 8 wins playoffs. 7 wins? Don’t have a clue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2018 at 7:08 PM, Longtime fan said:

Griebel will be fine.....he participated in a few things today from the short time I was there. 

   Stanley was out all last year so that one is a concern  

Nguon, if I recall correctly was in pads ....I think?   I believe he will be good to go by game time  

sequin has a boot on .....not sure the seriousness of that. 

 

It can’t be good if Stanley isn’t rolling by now. Have to be thinking that his surgery didn’t take or something.  Kid is a beast too!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×